"General" Al `Ayn by aquamarine_cf

Al `Ayn Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 91 photos

General

Al Ayin (or Al Ain) is a middle sized city in United Arab Emirates, approx. 100 kilometers from Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Althrough I have heard that Dubai residents usually refer to it as a "village", or "boring place", I have had a pretty good time there, and there are a plenty of things to see, especially if you enjoy sightseeing as I do. There is a great sightseeing point, Hafet mountain, from where you can see an entire Al Ayn and surrounding desert.
At the time that I went there, people lit up the city because of some national holliday, and it looked just beautifull.

Desert

Here I could enjoy a real "desert experience". Colours of sand are beautifull. Locals told me that if you go towards Abu Dhabi, sand is red, and towards Dubai, white(ish). True, as I could see. Dunes, illuminated by sun look amazing. I could take some wonderfull pictures.

Camels

There is a big camel market in Al Ayn. So if you want to take pictures withcute camels, this is the right place. Picture-taking right cost us around 10 dirham(AED) per person

• Last visit to Al `Ayn: Nov 2006
  • Intro Written Dec 31, 2006

Comments

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Al `Ayn

Have you been to Al `Ayn?

Latest Activity in Al `Ayn