"KWAZULU-NATAL" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal by dutch_anna

Province of KwaZulu-Natal Travel Guide: 1,085 reviews and 2,520 photos

Not on this rough bicycle, but by car.

This is a page more about the province Kwazulu-Natal, than about Durban. On the old VT was no page for the whole province, so I made a Durban page, although I was only a few times in Durban. Now I transferred this page to a new Kwazulu-Natal page. I left the coast north and south of Durban on the Durban page.
Lets start in the Natal Drakensbergen: in our suitcase good shoes for walking, a warm sweater for the evenings and all the food and drinks you need when you are self-catering! And the camera, of course.

More info about the Drakensberg

More about Kwazulu-Natal

More about South Africa

Howick.

Crocheting women at the Howick waterfall.

• Last visit to Province of KwaZulu-Natal: Apr 1997
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2003

• was_the_beav's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2005 at 5:55 PM

"The Valley of 1000 Hills"...such a romantic-sounding place, huh? Thanks for such a lovely page. I miss you, my friend. xo

• alza's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2004 at 8:34 PM

hi Anna! it's been too long... though I still think of first VT friends often. Thanks for this page, lots of history, all still close to present times. Very moving. :-)

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2004 at 5:10 AM

I was surprised by the beauty of that country. It has a sad history, all that fighting. There is a book by James A. Michener, "promised earth" or so. Its about families from different cultures here (Trekker, English and Zulu) Its really good.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2004 at 3:05 PM

great write up Anna and fine fotos, the travelogues made me want to go right away

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 10:48 AM

Wonderful landscapes with such a sad history!!

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2004 at 2:40 AM

You have been to some beautiful places Anna. Love the bicycle!!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2003 at 6:46 PM

Wonderful areas... and some great background and history you have provided. I love the cottage you stayed in. Give me the left side of the road any day...lol. Wonderful t'logues Anna.. what a great trip.

dutch_anna

“against prejudices and intolerance”

Badges & Stats in Province of KwaZulu-Natal

Have you been to Province of KwaZulu-Natal?