"PACIFIC GROVE" Top 5 Page for this destination Pacific Grove by dutch_anna
Pacific Grove Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 378 photos
Map from Michelin Guide California.
Pacific Grove was founded in 1875 by Methodists, who liked a resort near the ocean. But not much was allowed what is nowadays usually in sea resorts. Drinking alcohol,dancing, reading sunday papers. Until 1969 alcohol was illegal here.
It is still a quiet, small town with beautiful Victorian houses. A few miles from Monterey and southward the scenic 17-mile Drive brings you to Carmel.
The Point Pinos Lighthouse is the oldest operating lighthouse on the Pacific coast.
Website of Pacific Grove.
In my travelogues I tell you about the 17-mile Drive and Point Lobos State Reserve.
Here was a whaling station from 1862 to 1879. You can still see the whalers cabin, built by Chinese fishermen in the... more travel advice
The Reserve opens daily at 9 A.M. Visitors must leave the reserve by the closing time posted at the ranger... more travel advice
dutch_anna's Related Pages
Pacific Grove Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "America's Most Romantic Town"
- "MONTEREY PENINSULA BEAUTY"
- "PACIFIC GROVE"
- "Pacific Grove"
- "On the Edge of the Pacific"
- "Victorian architecture and Butterflies"
- "Welcome to My Backyard"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pacific Grove
- Hotels in Pacific Grove
- Transportation in Pacific Grove
- Nightlife in Pacific Grove
- Restaurants in Pacific Grove
- Warnings and Dangers in Pacific Grove
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pacific Grove
- 9 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Pacific Grove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pacific Grove
Photos in Pacific GroveSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- California Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 10 travelogues
- Zambia Intro, 17 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 6 travelogues
- Utah Intro, 8 reviews, 62 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Colorado Intro, 7 reviews, 47 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues