"Laws, California." Laws by dutch_anna
Laws Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
We stayed on the campground at Bishop, on the Highway 395, east of the Sierra Nevada. A nice trip is a visit to the village Laws, so very small, that I hardly remember it. But it had a very interesting and nice attraction: the open-air museum. Laws Railroad Museum & Historical Site.
In the middle, on a lawn, an old train, well, THE old train, that used to run here. We see the old station. This is the old Laws, as it was between 1880 and 1960.
Around the grass field are buildings, some are real old, some are rebuilt. All can be seen inside. A farmers house, the village school, the dentist and the doctor's surgery, the optician, barber's shop, the general store. In an old church, that was a Catholic church in Bishop til there a new one was built, is a library with old books, most about California. Novels and non-fiction. Also a collection of old bottles, pottery and old tools. An old miner's house, an other house, that much later was built for a movie.
Oh, so much to see!
Visit the old houses, so conscientious refurnished, and stay for awhile in the world of 1900. I think, that also not too... more travel advice
dutch_anna's Related Pages
Laws Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Laws
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Laws?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laws
Top 10 Pages
- California Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 10 travelogues
- Zambia Intro, 17 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 6 travelogues
- Utah Intro, 8 reviews, 62 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Colorado Intro, 7 reviews, 47 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues