"TRIP THROUGH THE USA, STARTING IN COLORADO." Colorado by dutch_anna
Colorado Travel Guide: 5,516 reviews and 11,592 photos
In May and June 1998 we travelled through a part of the USA. We had a rented RV that we collected at Denver Airport, after a long flight from Amsterdam, with a change at Washington D.C. It was my first visit to the States and I remember how exciting and new it all was.
Especially the words in big letters somewhere in the airport, in Washington I think, that said: "We, the people of the United States of America welcome you" What a great feeling, when so many millions of people say "hello" to you! And that feeling stayed during the whole trip. For we have met many friendly Americans.
As Colorado was the beginning and the end of our journey I'll start here. And now and then I'll ask you to follow me to another of the 7 states we visited. Don't ask me which state was the most beautiful one. They all had their own face, very different from each other.
About some of my impressions of the USA I wrote on my USA page.
'Twas in the Early Days
In the days when Colorado
Was like a growing child,
Fair and strong in hope and promise,
On brave men she often smiled,
Who came to seek their fortunes
In the mines, and diverse ways,
When adventure was in flower
To them "'Twas in the early days."
Denver was young and rugged;
Leadville from a tiny seed
Had grown to fair dimensions,
And there was no night in Creed.
Men had faith in all around them,
Every morning brightest rays,
Like a lighthouse near the harbor,
Beamed with hope "In early days."
But their stories of adventures,
When hearts with hope were light,
Are receding in the distance,
And will soon bee out of sight.
But the children of the pioneers
Will recognize the phrase,
Often heard in tales and story.
"'Twas in the early days."
Susie Kerin (1870-1952)
We stayed just outside the west entrance of the park, on the campground Elk Creek, outside Grand Lake. Its a pity that... more travel advice
dutch_anna's Related Pages
Colorado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COLORADO - CHAMPAGNE POWDERLANDS?"
- "Welcome to America's Playground!"
- "A Gallop Through Colorado"
- "The highest state in the nation"
- "Basaic Colorado Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colorado
- Hotels in Colorado
- Transportation in Colorado
- Nightlife in Colorado
- Restaurants in Colorado
- Shopping in Colorado
- Warnings and Dangers in Colorado
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Colorado
- 8 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Colorado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colorado
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: Anti spyware and virus"
- updated a Colorado Travelogue "everything you always wanted to know about RV's..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "everything you always wanted to know about RV's..."
- Wrote a Review Camping with a view! in Colorado Hotels
Photos in ColoradoSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- California Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 10 travelogues
- Zambia Intro, 17 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 6 travelogues
- Utah Intro, 8 reviews, 62 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Colorado Intro, 7 reviews, 47 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
Top Colorado hotels
- Estes Park Hotels
- 153 Reviews - 341 Photos
- Denver Hotels
- 1012 Reviews - 1781 Photos
- Colorado Springs Hotels
- 517 Reviews - 1023 Photos
- Vail Hotels
- 170 Reviews - 317 Photos
- Glenwood Springs Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 75 Photos
- Canon City Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Thornton Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Pagosa Springs Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Durango Hotels
- 104 Reviews - 181 Photos
- Westminster Hotels
- 1 Review - 9 Photos
- Wheat Ridge Hotels
- 12 Hotels
- Breckenridge Hotels
- 87 Reviews - 144 Photos
- Aurora Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Greeley Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Black Hawk Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 18 Photos