"Game viewing, starlit nights and happiness." Top 5 Page for this destination Hluhluwe Game Reserve by dutch_anna
Hluhluwe Game Reserve Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 246 photos
Two game reserves, attached to each other. Both were founded in 1895.
Hluhluwe is named after the thorny rope climber Dalbergia Armata, which is found among the forest vegetation types in the Game Park. The Zulu name for this plant is umHluhluwe.
First we stayed in a self-catering cabin at Mpila camp in the Umfolozipart, more south.
There are many rhino's in Umfolozi. A "white"rhino is not white at all, but grey. White is supposed to come from the Afrikaans word "wijd" what means: "broad" (the upper lip). The black rhino has a more pointed upper lip ( puntlipneushoorn in Dutch).
You can drive around in your own car and it is a very special experience to see so many animals just before or next to you.
Young male warthogs. They have thin tails ( not seen on the picture), and sometimes they have their tail standing right... more travel advice
Through a narrow path ("at your own risk") we climb to a hide, overlooking a quiet pool. Three tortoises are swimming in... more travel advice
dutch_anna's Related Pages
Hluhluwe Game Reserve Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HLUHLUWE UMFOLOZI GAME RESERVE"
- "Ancient hunting ground of the Zulu Kings"
- "Game viewing, starlit nights and happiness."
- "Hluhluwe Game Reserve, South Africa 2003"
- "Our 3 night stay in Tree House Bonamanzi G.Park"
- "HLUHLUWE/ UMFOLOZI PARK"
- "The oldest Game Reserve in Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Hotels in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Transportation in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Nightlife in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Restaurants in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Shopping in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Warnings and Dangers in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- 6 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hluhluwe Game Reserve?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: Anti spyware and virus"
- updated a Hluhluwe Game Reserve Travel Page "Game viewing, starlit nights and happiness."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Game viewing, starlit nights and happiness."
- Commented on one of linnyloo's Hluhluwe Game Reserve travel pages
- Wrote a Review The boys. in Hluhluwe Game Reserve Things to Do
Photos in Hluhluwe Game ReserveSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- California Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 10 travelogues
- Zambia Intro, 17 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 6 travelogues
- Utah Intro, 8 reviews, 62 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Colorado Intro, 7 reviews, 47 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues