"WELCOME TO MY PAGES." dutch_anna's Profile
My husband died in April 2007. He was the love of my life and my traveling companion for more than 50 years.
Backpacking in Europe while we were students, beach holidays with our toddlers, camping with the children and later just the two of us. After our retirement long, wonderful travels: Africa, the USA, and so many dear countries in Western Europe.
Now I don’t travel much anymore. Sometimes just a week with one of my children and their family.
But last year I thought: ”I do have to see New York City.” And I loved every minute of that trip, with my daughter.
Bitten by the travel bug again? I don’t know.
But so many countries and cities are still there and they keep saying: “Come and visit us! We are so beautiful!”
Now first on my list is Venice, Italy!
The true beloveds of this world are in their lover's eyes
lilacs opening, ship lights, school bells, a landscape,
remembered conversations, friends, a child's Sunday,
lost voices, one's favorite suit, autumn and all seasons,
memory, yes, it being the earth and water of existence, memory.
William Butler Yeats (1865?1939)
The Lake Isle of Innisfree
I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet's wings.
I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)
Water and windmills, greenness, Islets green..
Willows whose Trunks beside the shadows stood
Of their own higher half, and willowy swamp..
Farmhouses that at anchor seem'd--in the inland sky
The fog-transfixing Spires..
Water, wide water, greenness and green banks,
And water seen..
"Where Have All the Grandmas gone".
In the dim and distant past
When life's tempo wasn't so fast,
Grandma used to rock and knit,
Crochet, tat and baby sit.
When the kids were in a jam,
They could always call on Gram.
But today she's in the gym
Exercising to keep slim.
She's checking the web or surfing the net,
Sending some e-mail or placing a bet.
Nothing seems to stop or block her,
Now that Grandma's off her rocker.
And who is Rosie the Riveter? Read more about her on my Sacramento page
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw.*
Websites about vaccinations:
Traveller's Health(National Center for Infectious diseases)
World Health Organization: about vaccinations and much more
Some Like Poetry
thus not all. Not even the majority of all but the minority.
Not counting schools, where one has to,
and the poets themselves,
there might be two people per thousand.
but one also likes chicken soup with noodles,
one likes compliments and the color blue,
one likes an old scarf,
one likes having the upper hand,
one likes stroking a dog.
but what is poetry.
Many shaky answers
have been given to this question.
But I don't know and don't know and hold on to it
like to a sustaining railing.
Wislawa Szymborska (b.1923, Poland.
The Nobel Prize in Literature 1996.)
MY TRAVEL PAGES
Province of Kwazulu- Natal
Cape Town, Garden Route, West Coast
Hluhluwe Game Reserve
Death Valley N.P
Joshua Tree National Park
China, with old photo's
Victoria Falls N.P., Zimbabwe
New York City, USA
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 218 Reviews
- 850 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Commented on was_the_beav's profile page
- updated a United States of America Travel Page "THE USA & DUTCH_ANNA"
- dutch_anna and Pawtuxet are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "WELCOME TO MY PAGES."
- Uploaded a Photo to "WELCOME TO MY PAGES."
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: Anti spyware and virus"
- Wrote a Review Campground in south-east Idaho. in Idaho Hotels
PhotosSee All Photos (850)
Top 10 Pages
- California Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 10 travelogues
- Zambia Intro, 17 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 6 travelogues
- Utah Intro, 8 reviews, 62 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Colorado Intro, 7 reviews, 47 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos