"Bay of the Decending Dragon" Ha Long by Starsa
Ha Long Travel Guide: 458 reviews and 1,604 photos
As the legend goes:
Long ago when their forefathers were fighting foreign invaders from the north, the gods from heaven sent a family of dragons to help defend their land. This family of dragons descended upon what is now Ha Long bay and began spitting out jewels and jade. Upon hitting the sea, these jewels turned into the various islands and islets dotting the seascape and formed a formidable fortress against the invaders. The locals were able to keep their land safe and formed what is now the country of Vietnam. The Dragon family fell so much in love with this area for its calm water and for the reverence of the people of Vietnam that they decided to remain on earth. Mother dragon lies on what is now Ha Long and where her children lie is Bai Tu Long.
Make your way through the limestone rock formations to different cave tours and Cat Ba Island. more travel advice
The movie Indo China was filmed here but it was an extra 30,000 dong on the junk boat tour. Nothing too exciting. more travel advice
Starsa's Related Pages
Ha Long Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From a Dragon's mouth"
- "Ha Long - Bay of Beauty and Legend"
- "Land of Descending Dragons"
- "Amazing Halong Bay"
- "Dreaming of Ha Long Bay"
- "guell's Ha Long Page"
- "Ha Long Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ha Long
- Hotels in Ha Long
- Transportation in Ha Long
- Nightlife in Ha Long
- Restaurants in Ha Long
- Shopping in Ha Long
- Warnings and Dangers in Ha Long
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ha Long
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Ha Long?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ha Long
Photos in Ha LongSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Hue Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Phan Thiet Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Ha Long Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Nha Trang Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Da Nang Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Puerto Maldonado Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- New Orleans 1 review, 2 photos
- Cuzco 2 reviews, 1 photo