"Oostkerke" Oostkerke by PPRubens
Oostkerke Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
I've only been to Oostkerke once, which is probably more than most Belgians. It is a small village a little further away from Brugge than Damme. It's an easy bike ride.
On June 19, 2006, I decided to venture farther than Damme on a bike that I had rented in Brugge. Everybody has seen countryside, fields, churches, etc., but there is something about finding oneself on a foriegn continent in the peaceful company of grassy meadows, swaying willows, and unimpressed farm animals just going about their daily existance.
Coming upon Oostkerke, I could see it's square tower from a distance. I decided it was worth a look. Along the canal, I passed a shepherd boy urging his sheep on. I turned down the lane towards the village and caught the gaze of a small pony in a distant field. I passed by each home in amazement. The homes were modest in size but almost Thomas Kinkade-like in character and beauty. Gardens blossomed in an array of color. I rode to the village center where the church stood. I did not go inside but I pondered the quiet life these people must lead.
2. The character and upkeep of private homes in village Belgium
3. A rewarding moment in a pleasurable bike ride
- Pros:See Highlights
- Cons:You can't walk to it from Brugge, but for me that is a pro
- In a nutshell:Short stop on a scenic bike ride
PPRubens' Related Pages
Oostkerke Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oostkerke
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Oostkerke?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oostkerke
Photos in OostkerkeSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Damme Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Venice 1 review, 3 photos
- Gent Intro, 3 photos
- Fussen Intro, 3 photos
- Bradenton Beach Intro, 3 photos
- Oostkerke Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.