"Healthy baths between green hills" Bad Kissingen by Mikivoyageur
Bad Kissingen Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 99 photos
One of the most important buildings in the town is the old town hall, a renaissance design from 1577. Between 1838 and 1913, the arcade was built around the spa garden by Friedrich von Gärtner, as well as the pump rooms, following a design by Max Littmann. The Regency building was constructed by Balthasar Neumann. Max Littmann also designed the Art Nouveau spa theatre, completed in 1905. The oft-forgotten train station building, with its classical neo-renaissance façade, was built in 1874 under supervision by Friedrich Bürklein. The ruins of castle Bodenlaube from 1180 looks over the town from above Reiterswiesen. The KissSalis Therme, opened in 2004, gives the town a modern feel. It is one of the largest wellness baths in Europe, and the largest building project in the town since the Second World War.
Mikivoyageur's Related Pages
Bad Kissingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's All About The Water"
- "Bad Kissingen"
- "Romantic City"
- "Mid of Germany"
- "Beautiful town"
- "Healthy baths between green hills"
- "good friends"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bad Kissingen
- Hotels in Bad Kissingen
- Transportation in Bad Kissingen
- Restaurants in Bad Kissingen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bad Kissingen
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bad Kissingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Kissingen
Photos in Bad KissingenSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Getafe Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Navacerrada Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Madrid Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Medina del Campo Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Vézelay Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Fontiveros Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bilbao Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Cuenca Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.