"Dubai...In A Fast Moving Phase" Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai by Cielo_Algaeed
Dubai Travel Guide: 3,928 reviews and 11,488 photos
Dubai has always been included in my travel wish list eversince i knew about the baggy and 4x4 wheel drive in the sand dunes, belly dancing and camel milk...
Just this month, another travel wish came true! Me and my husband spent 4 days in Dubai. Just enough (for me) to explore the place, visit the souks, have a photo of Famous Burj Al Arab :-)
Though i wasnt able to do the above activities, im happy that i was able to see the place.
Well, i can say Dubai is really in a fast moving phase. They ahve more or less 5,000++ constructions of hotels, buildings, malls, villas, aprtments etc. all at the same time. And because of that, 2 of the largest crane in the world is here!
Thousands of workers were required to cope up with the work demand and they are required to work 24 hrs a day.
As of today, they are building the soon to be Tallest Building in the world which is Burj Dubai towering about 200++ floors and surpassing the current title holder Taipei 101.
They will also have the biggest mall in UAE which will measure about 10 football fields. Rumors said (actually our tourguide hehe) visitors need atleast 3 days to move around it without going back in the same shop. Interesting!
Also, they are in the process of making a new international airport which will sum up the size of London Heathrow and the present airport.
They will have the one of a kind Dubai zoo and first in the world which is called "Animatronics". Replica of dinosaurs and other extinct animals which they will bring to life through the used of robotics.
The multi billion project of Palm Jumeirah is nearing its completion. And if you're planning to buy..sorry! it is all sold out...to whom? to the famous Hollywood Celebrities, top models, athletes and of course the rich and famous.
The reason for all these massive constructions is the forecast of the government that in 2013, Dubai will no longer depend on oil production but moreso in travle and tourism.
Dubai's population is about 1.4 million and 80% of it are expatriates and only 20% are local or Emirati.
Based on what i saw, 65% would be from India, 5% from Philippines and the remaining 10% is mixed of Europeans and Russians.
Planning to buy a property on your own? sorry! The government doesnt allow expat to own any property here but they do allow 99years of rent/lease. Though in some areas which they call the freezone/open zone they allow 100% ownership, tax free!
It is such a wonderful thing that the rulers of Dubai are very business oriented. And what we are seeing are just 10% of his forecast!
His ambition appears to be way beyond that... and we salute him!
So, lets wait and see as Dubai reaches the top!
- Cons:Traffic, Prostitution
As you go along your trip ~ Blue Line ~ towards Jumeirah, you can see the Royal Palaces and the luxury villas nick named... more travel advice
Dubai is really in a fast moving phase with massive constructions left and right all over the place. An estimated 5,000... more travel advice
Cielo_Algaeed's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBAI - A HOTCHPOTCH OF CULTURES"
- "Dynamic, ever-changing, friendly, exciting..."
- "Dubai...In A Fast Moving Phase"
- "Dubai Jewel of the Gulf"
- "Dubai is ......Dubai!"
- "A hot time in Dubai town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 41 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
Photos in DubaiSee All Photos (109)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 114 reviews, 231 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 51 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 25 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 39 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahrain Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues