Bahrain Things to Do Tips by Cielo_Algaeed Top 5 Page for this destination
Bahrain Things to Do: 159 reviews and 290 photos
Going to the Cinema and watch the latest movies is one of the must thing to do in Bahrain to those people who are living or working in Saudi.
FYI, there are no movie houses all over the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and so given the chance they would just sit and enjoy and watch their favorite movie in the big screen.
You can find cinema's in AL Seef Mall and Dana Mall.
Bahrain is a fast growing country in the Middle East and they are trying to cope up with the neighbouring countries in terms of infrastructures. Today, you can see lots of high rise buildings being built. Among these are the Bahrain Financial Harbour and Bahrain World Trade Center.
Ice Skating is also located in funland wherein they have bowling, billiard and amusement center. The skating rink is big enough for you to move around and enjoy.
Entrance fee: 2.50Dinars/person (no time limit)
Al Fatah Mosque - A White Grand Mosque located along Al Fatah Highway. It is one of the biggest mosques in Bahrain which was constructed early 2000.
It can accomodate a numerous numbers of worshippers.
Bowling is one of the activity that our family loves to do and because we dont have much bowling alleys in Riyadh and given the chance we will always find time to paly bowling.
Price per game/ person 1dinar.
Unfortunately, we were not able to go and see whats inside the F1 circuit coz they were preparing for the upcoming Formula 1 competition. Nevertheless, to see some parts of the area is somehow fulfilling :-)
The circuit is located near Bahrain University, about 30 minutes drive from the City Center.
Bahrain National Museum is a very nice & well maintained museum. It showcases Arab's / Bahraini's traditonal way of life. They have life size dioramas that features the normal / daily life of the people.
They have exhibits of different paintings, artifacts and other archeological pieces.
They also have one section in the museum where they feature the different burial mounds with real bones and skeletons.
Al-Areen Wildlife Park and Reserve is a huge wildlife park located outskirts of the City.
The whole area is very clean and well maintained. They have numerous numbers of gazelles, flamingos, ostrich, ducks, goats, birds,giraffe etc.
The entrance fee is 500Fils, this includes a bus tour within the park. This will take about 45 minutes with one stop at the Water Bird Park for 20 minutes.
Both adult and kids will enjoy the trip.
Bahrain / Arad Fort was built during the Portuguese colonization date back 16th century. It was restored during the 80's and still being preserved upto this time.
The whole area looks like a big maze with tower and underground rooms. It is surrounded by man made lake to prevent intruders during that time.
The trunks of the palm trees were used to build roofs of the fort.
No entrance fee.
Address: Arad, Bahrain
More Reviews (12)
Cielo_Algaeed's Related Pages
Bahrain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bahrain, the two waters"
- "Bahrain.. An Easy Get Away From Saudi Arabia"
- "Middle East's little Island of Paradise"
- "Bahrain - The Two Seas"
- "Bahrain, The Pearl of the Arabian Gulf"
- "Living in Bahrain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bahrain
- Hotels in Bahrain
- Transportation in Bahrain
- Nightlife in Bahrain
- Restaurants in Bahrain
- Shopping in Bahrain
- Warnings and Dangers in Bahrain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bahrain
- 22 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Bahrain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahrain
Photos in BahrainSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 114 reviews, 231 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 51 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 25 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 39 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahrain Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (39)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Souq- 11 Reviews, 17 Photos
- National Museum- 12 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Tree of Life- 8 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Arad Fort- 9 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Mosques- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Fort- 6 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Al Areen Wildlife Park- 2 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Pearl Monument- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- King Fahad Causeway- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Camels- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
See All Bahrain Things to Do