"The Old Riyadh" Ad Diriyah by Cielo_Algaeed
Ad Diriyah Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
Ad Diriyah is about 30 minutes drive from Central Riyadh. This is were former government offices was located.
A well preserved place to visualized the past...a good picnic ground...a nice family hang out...
The road maybe a little bit dusty but worth taking a trip.
During the early years, most of the Saudi's lived in a traditional type of a house made of mud or clay which is called a MUD HOUSE.
As per the locals, inside a mud house, it is warm during winter season while it is cold during summer.
As of today, the area of AD Diriyah or the Old Riyadh is being preserved by the government.Though new buildings are being built within the area...they make it a point that it is somehow a replica of the old ones.
- In a nutshell:Looking back at the past...
Cielo_Algaeed's Related Pages
Ad Diriyah Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ad Diriyah
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Ad Diriyah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ad Diriyah
Photos in Ad DiriyahSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 114 reviews, 231 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 51 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 25 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 39 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahrain Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues