"Riyadh..My New HOME" Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh by Cielo_Algaeed

Riyadh Travel Guide: 566 reviews and 1,125 photos

A Celebration of Life

The culture of Saudi Arabia is a rich one that has been shaped by its Islamic heritage, its historical role as an ancient trade center, and its Bedouin traditions.
Saudi society has experienced tremendous development over the past several decades. The Saudi people have taken their values and traditions – their customs, hospitality and even their style of dress – and adapted them to the modern world.

Saudi Arabia, is a growing country in the Middle East eversince. It may have a slow pace of growth compared to the neighbouring Gulf States...still it was able to maintain a balance between culture,tradition & economic growth.

I never thought..never in my wildest dream that i would settle here for good..but its God's plan for me to be here and enjoy each day to be with my family.

When i was a child, the only thing that would remind me of Riyadh are the well of Oil that they have...the contract workers esp nurses who work here for a living...Filipino men who arrived at the airport with their denim jacket on..and not to mention the gold which they are wearing...the famous Saudi Gold.

But through the course of time esp now that im here in Saudi....the impression has changed tremendously....esp being married to a Saudi...the culture and tradition plus the religion has taught me alot.

Riyadh has a unique charm to attract people from around the globe esp career wise....though you may not flaunt your designer clothes when you go out in public because its under your abaya-you would feel safe that no one will look at you with desire :-)though you cannot watch a movie coz they dont have movie houses - still watching a DVD or VCD at home makes our family closer, though there are few things to do here compared to other neighbouring countries...still i feel blessed that God has designed my life to experience all these...one of a kind things...

Well as they say..Only few are chosen to experience what im experiencing now and i feel so blessed that God designed my life like the way it is now..

To God be the glory!

FOR YOU...

I dedicate this Riyadh page of mine to my loving husband who's been very supportive of me since i started building my Riyadh page.

I would like to thank him for the encouragement to re build my pages again and to add more interesting tips esp here in my Riyadh page.

We will try our very best to give informative and accurate tips as much as possible.

Do drop me a note if you need any info regarding Saudi particularly Riyadh

• In a nutshell:It has alot more things to offer
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2009

• sremo22's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2010 at 1:36 AM

I'm Terry, Fil, we'll have a cook compet at Phil Embassy here in RUH & I'm interested to talk about it w/ you as I see you're interest in food rev, my email sremo22@yahoo.com , I'll appre if you'll be interest w/ it & be a part in any way.

• nada1712's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Amazing and fascinating tips...you have been to alot of restaurants!!

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2009 at 11:50 PM

incredible tips about everything ; it must be interesting to work in saudi arabia for a few months or years in such a rich country

• Oct 31, 2009 at 5:45 AM

can i have the contact number of this museum?

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 2:18 PM

From your comments, it reads like you found a lot of culture to enjoy in the new country. The pictures are sites are wonderful. Thank you

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Wonderful tips you have here. THat lobster you had looked very appetising ;-)

• May 26, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Interesting. The culture is very interesting.

• Jun 11, 2008 at 8:03 PM

I love this food and I am in USA now. One of the greatest flavor food and they make 100's of chicken at a time. Wow!

• Apr 29, 2008 at 4:08 AM

i wish the business hours were mentioned too

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Very interesting and good information. I'll return to read more.

Cielo_Algaeed Lives Here!