"Riyadh..My New HOME" Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh by Cielo_Algaeed
Riyadh Travel Guide: 566 reviews and 1,125 photos
The culture of Saudi Arabia is a rich one that has been shaped by its Islamic heritage, its historical role as an ancient trade center, and its Bedouin traditions.
Saudi society has experienced tremendous development over the past several decades. The Saudi people have taken their values and traditions – their customs, hospitality and even their style of dress – and adapted them to the modern world.
Saudi Arabia, is a growing country in the Middle East eversince. It may have a slow pace of growth compared to the neighbouring Gulf States...still it was able to maintain a balance between culture,tradition & economic growth.
I never thought..never in my wildest dream that i would settle here for good..but its God's plan for me to be here and enjoy each day to be with my family.
When i was a child, the only thing that would remind me of Riyadh are the well of Oil that they have...the contract workers esp nurses who work here for a living...Filipino men who arrived at the airport with their denim jacket on..and not to mention the gold which they are wearing...the famous Saudi Gold.
But through the course of time esp now that im here in Saudi....the impression has changed tremendously....esp being married to a Saudi...the culture and tradition plus the religion has taught me alot.
Riyadh has a unique charm to attract people from around the globe esp career wise....though you may not flaunt your designer clothes when you go out in public because its under your abaya-you would feel safe that no one will look at you with desire :-)though you cannot watch a movie coz they dont have movie houses - still watching a DVD or VCD at home makes our family closer, though there are few things to do here compared to other neighbouring countries...still i feel blessed that God has designed my life to experience all these...one of a kind things...
Well as they say..Only few are chosen to experience what im experiencing now and i feel so blessed that God designed my life like the way it is now..
To God be the glory!
I dedicate this Riyadh page of mine to my loving husband who's been very supportive of me since i started building my Riyadh page.
I would like to thank him for the encouragement to re build my pages again and to add more interesting tips esp here in my Riyadh page.
We will try our very best to give informative and accurate tips as much as possible.
Do drop me a note if you need any info regarding Saudi particularly Riyadh
- In a nutshell:It has alot more things to offer
Gulf Royale offers Chinese and other Asian cusines. The foods were all served fresh and hot though nothing special... more travel advice
Al Bustan is one of the in-house resto of Sheraton Hotel (Riyadh) aside from La Piazza Resto. They have themed buffet... more travel advice
- See All Mariott
- See All Miswak
- See All Oasis
- See All Desert Trekking
- See All Desert Trekking
Cielo_Algaeed's Related Pages
Riyadh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riyadh..My New HOME"
- "Welcome to the MidWest - erm... Middle East"
- "Riyadh, 5 Million of Inhabitants from All Over"
- "home sweet home"
- "ý19 an hour,I'll go"
- "Believe it or not but it's my passion"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riyadh
- Hotels in Riyadh
- Transportation in Riyadh
- Nightlife in Riyadh
- Restaurants in Riyadh
- Shopping in Riyadh
- Warnings and Dangers in Riyadh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riyadh
- 114 Reviews
- 231 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Riyadh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riyadh
Photos in RiyadhSee All Photos (231)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 114 reviews, 231 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 51 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 25 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 39 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahrain Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues