Saint Petersburg Things to Do Tips by alectrevor
Saint Petersburg Things to Do: 1,612 reviews and 2,847 photos
Shops , Coffee shops and bars, in the length of Nevskiy Prospekt " posh " Arcade of shops , i had a lovely coffee inside the arcade.
This large square is at the interchange of Nevskiy Prospekt and Ligousky Ave. is surrounded by the Vosstaniya metro station, the Oktayabrskaya hotel and the Moskovsky railway station . In the centre is giant granite pillar with the communist star on top. The square is also known as Uprising Square.
The Nevskiy Prospekt is 4.5 km long [3 miles]. In my view the best most interesting part is from the river Neva to ploshchad Vosstaniya [ uprising square] at Moskovsky station.
Crypt.remains of last Czar & family.
The Peter And Paul Fortress is on an island across the river Neva from The Hermitage. A combined ticket for all entries is best only if you intend to see all attractions, which could take all day. I was only really interested in St Peter and Paul cathedral so single entry ticket was best.80 years after their execution by the bolshevicks the last Czar and his family were buried in St Petersburgs Peter and Paul Cathedral in 1998.
If you are near a railway station pop in the architecture is amazing. Moskovskiy and Finlandsky are worth a visit.
The cruiser Aurora is famed for firing a blank shot to signal the storming of the Winter Palace which began the revolution in 1917. A strange feeling seeing something from history lessons at school. The public can tour, but i was too early in the day there.
Details of whats in the world famous hermitage museum are elsewhere on VT. My tip is Admission is 400RUR and 200RUR for photo permit, also you have leave your coat or jacket in the cloakrooms [ no cost] so remove valueable items.
Boats leave from many places on the canals, i took one at Nevskiy Prospekt. The trip took 1 and quarter hours and cost 500 RUR. A good way to see the colourful buildings of St Petersburg.
More Reviews (15)
alectrevor's Related Pages
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Petersburg: a City for all Seasons"
- "St Petersburg : City of Peter the Great"
- "St. Petersburg in Spring"
- "STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!"
- "St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges"
- "St Petersburg in Summer"
- "Saint Petersburg~ Russia at its best!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Petersburg
- Hotels in Saint Petersburg
- Transportation in Saint Petersburg
- Nightlife in Saint Petersburg
- Restaurants in Saint Petersburg
- Shopping in Saint Petersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Petersburg
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Fernando Hotels
- Franschhoek Hotels
- Jiayuguan Hotels
- Laiya Hotels
Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg
- 23 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sarajevo Intro, 23 reviews, 42 photos
- Krakow Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos
- York Intro, 57 photos, 7 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos
- Avignon Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Berlin Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Saint Petersburg hotel reviews
- Angleterre Hotel
- 224 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Nevsky Grand Hotel
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Nevsky 64
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Ambassador Hotel
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Nevsky Hotel Aster
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Nevsky Inn Bed and Breakfast
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Admiralteyskaya Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 19, 2013
- Grand Hotel Emerald
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2013
- Azimut Hotel
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 23, 2013
- Golden Garden Boutique Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 3, 2013
- By the Hermitage
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 24, 2013
- Helvetia Hotel Suites
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Hotel Neva
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 14, 2013
- Hermitage- 245 Reviews, 392 Photos
- Cathedrals and Churches- 266 Reviews, 509 Photos
- Monuments- 89 Reviews, 157 Photos
- Palaces- 99 Reviews, 196 Photos
- Museums- 152 Reviews, 237 Photos
- St.Peter and St.Paul's Fortress- 105 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Theaters and Concert Halls- 61 Reviews, 70 Photos
- St.Isaac's Cathedral- 55 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Parks and Squares- 76 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Rivers and Canals- 75 Reviews, 161 Photos
See All Saint Petersburg Things to Do