Trier Things to Do Tips by alectrevor
Trier Things to Do: 370 reviews and 692 photos
Rudesheim promanade on the river Rhine.
From Trier by train to Rudesheim am Rhein takes 3 hours , with one change at Koblenz,if this sounds a long time bear in mind that there is lovely scenery along the Mossel and Rhine rivers, using the Rheinland ticket at 23 euro one person or a few euro more for up to 5 people on one ticket it is a bargain. You can break your journey and get on and off has you like on the regional trains. Rudesheim is on the right bank of the river rhine opposite from Binghem,is famous for reislings wine,vineyards everywhere. There is a cable car up to Niederwald Denkmal monument has you glide over the wine slopes, return fare was about 6 euro 50.  Try to go up early has it gets busy at peak times
Tourist toy train
From Trier the train ride is about one hour to Cochem Mosel,leave the station by the right,or go to river bank and turn right. Cochem is a pretty place and gets crowded with tourists. There is a tourist toy train which takes you around Cochem and across the bridge to the over side of the river Mosel.,interesting ride and views. There is a chairlift well worth it for the view. The fare on the chairlift was 4 euro 80. In town there are loads of shops , bars, and cafes.
Waterfall in the middle of town
From Trier i used a Rhineland ticket 23 euro allday use in the area on reginal trains, saved me quite a bit because i went from Trier to Sarrburg then on to Saarbrucken then back to Trier. Sarrburg is a really lovely place to visit with in the middle of town a waterfall on the river [stream].
At the front door of the Dom is  a red office with a robot writer inside. It was writing a long script on a long paper roll.
Electoral Palace with Basilica behind.
Lovely building in park between the roman baths and the basilica.
Trier roman bath ruins.
From the 4th century. Roman bathing place.
Built in 310 AD by the romans as Constantines throne hall, built in brick is 67m long and 36m high amazing !
Just off Hauptmarkt is the Dom,[ cathedral ], a huge castle like building built on the site of Constatine the greats mother Helena. Mostly Romanesque and Gothic building.
More Reviews (5)
alectrevor's Related Pages
Trier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Tribute to Trier"
- "Trier: Where the Romans left their traces"
- "Older than Rome !"
- "worth a visit"
- "The oldest city of Germany!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trier
- Hotels in Trier
- Transportation in Trier
- Nightlife in Trier
- Restaurants in Trier
- Shopping in Trier
- Warnings and Dangers in Trier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trier
- 14 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Trier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trier
Photos in TrierSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sarajevo Intro, 23 reviews, 42 photos
- Bilbao Intro, 17 reviews, 46 photos
- Krakow Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos
- York Intro, 61 photos, 8 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos
- Avignon Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Berlin Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- St Peter's Cathedral- 28 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Porta Nigra- 43 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Hauptmarkt - Main Market- 17 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Kaiserthermen - Imperial Baths- 18 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Constantine Basilica- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Amphitheater- 20 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Electoral Palace - Kurfürstliches Palais- 11 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Barbara Therme Baths- 7 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Karl Marx Haus- 11 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Landesmuseum- 8 Reviews, 25 Photos
See All Trier Things to Do