"Unique Malaysia" Avya's Profile
I'm a Malaysian Chinese. Born and raised here in beautiful diversified colourful Malaysia.
Malaysia is very unique.
It's rich in a diversity of cultures. You will be able to experience Chinese, Malay, Indian, Portugese, Peranakan, Kadazan, Iban and so many other cultures. Each and every culture is special in its own way.
Although Bahasa Malaysia is the national language, English is widely spoken... especially in the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
Because of its diversity, many languages and dialects are spoken as well ie. Chinese, Malay, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalee, Hokkien, Cantonese, Hakka, Teochew, etc.
English is a compulsory subject in our education system, and the use of English was further enhanced during the British ruling in the 1940s, 50s and 60s.
There are just so many things to do!!
If you like to experience culture, then check out
- Chinatown in Petaling Street, Kuala Lumpur
- Melaka, an exotic town 2 hours south of Kuala Lumpur
- East Malaysia eg. Kota Kinabalu and Kuching but there are many smaller towns that you can venture to as well such as Miri, Sandakan, Tawau, Bintulu, etc.
If you like white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, scuba diving, snorkelling, then check out -
- Pulau Tioman
- Pulau Redang
- Pulau Perhentian
If you like to EAT, you have to go to
- Kuala Lumpur
- Johor Bahru
If you like hiking, tracking, the jungles, you'll need to go to
- Taman Negara in Pahang which is about 2-3 hours from KL. I'm not too sure now, but can someone confirm is the timing is right?
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 66 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on Avya's profile page
- Wrote a Review Taking the bus vs the train to Narita airport about From to the Airport in Tokyo Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Taking the bus vs the train to Narita airport"
- updated a Shimodate Travel Page "Chikusei town"
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: Tsukiji market to Ginza?"
updated their Profile Page "Unique Malaysia"
Top 10 Pages
- Johor Bahru Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Macao Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Hangzhou Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Shimodate Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Suzhou Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.