"ULURU............ the ROCK" Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) by adlf
Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Guide: 460 reviews and 1,271 photos
In fact, it's SO big, the space shuttle astronauts use it to get home. They look out their left window and when they see the rock, they do a sharp right turn and dive down. Works every time.
Well here it is. It's pretty normal looking during the day, but in the early morning and late afternoons, someone sneaks out the back and switches the lights on. It looks awesome when lit up and it helps those astronauts see it better too.
By the way, it's NOT Ayers rock. He had nothing to do with it. It was the local people who thousands of years ago dragged it over with their 4WD's from wherever they found it and plonked it in it's current place.
They called it ULURU, so that's what it is. Henry, your mates will have to find you another rock.
WOW........what a difference. But who pays the electricity bill??
And if you walk around the back of the rock, watch you don't trip over the electrical cord.
This is a baby plastic tree. I thought they all came from massive factories in China ,but I was wrong.
And everywhere is the colour....orange. The brochures called it the RED centre. They LIED.
- Pros:It's a sight you have to see at least once in a lifetime and it makes you appreciate the indigenous Australians and their ability to live out there. Best of all.....NO McDonalds.
- Cons:There are none other than the tour operators have got you captive. Certain prices are a bit steep and you just know you're getting fleeced.
- In a nutshell:I hope you like the colour ...ORANGE.
Well Uluru and surrounds is all about rock viewing at its finest. In fact, the tour organisers have come up with a bus... more travel advice
If you want to hire a car they are available. . The tours can be expensive so for those who want to go to lots of sites... more travel advice
adlf's Related Pages
Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "G'Day from the Red Centre"
- "IMPREXXION: YULARA-ULURU"
- "Living at `The Rock`"
- "The Red and Hot Centre"
- "Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Watarrka NP"
- "Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park"
- "Uluru National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Hotels in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Transportation in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Nightlife in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Restaurants in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Shopping in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Warnings and Dangers in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
Photos in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)See All Photos (19)
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Dubai Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Tokyo 1 review, 5 photos
- Japan Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) hotel reviews
- Sails in the Desert Ayers Rock Resort
- 594 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Desert Gardens Hotel
- 552 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Outback Pioneer Hotel
- 446 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Ayers Rock Campground
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- The Lost Camel Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions