"Newsy Bits" unaS's Profile

Home again

11/10/09
Just got home from a one month visit to Spain. Nice travelling, but nice coming home again too. Marvelous trip. Thanks to the advice and help of loads of friends from VT I was able to orient myself pretty fast and enjoy the trip with ease. Many thanks to one and all: Aitana, Belsaita, qaminari, leics, OriettaIT, Martin_S, nuritza and her Italian friend Daniella, pedmar, puerto_lover, surferob, Ramot428, Ranger49, redang, solodancer, urzu, VTango jd , and others.

To those that I have forgotten to mention specifically, my sincere apologies.

Special thanks for a very pleasant evening in Madrid with VTers, urzu, redang, nuritza and her Italian friend Daniella.

Have begun my reports and tips: Here

NEW!
08 August 2009
The first budget flights are here!
EasyJet is now flying Geneva to Tel Aviv and London to Tel Aviv.

Latest News

Wednesday, 10 September 2008
It is with sadness and regret that I just heard today of the unexpected death of one of our core organizers for the World Meet in 10 days.
Mirjana Risteska passed away from a heart attack last week while alone in her flat.

She deeply believed in Love and Peace for one and all.
RIP Mirjana: "With VT you are never alone! Mir, Peace, Shalom, Salaam Aleikum..."

27 April 2008 - Just got back from 16 days in Bulgaria. Many thanks to all who made this visit so worthwhile; teodorra, ger444, childish, ChistinaNest, and too many others to list them all. Special thanks too to all of the lovely people I met in Bulgaria and that were more than willing to help a lost tourist! I visited Sofia, Plovdiv, Kazanluk and Veliko Turnovo. Pics and pages on line.

31 January 2008
It's been snowing for 2 days now. Happens maybe once in 5 years.
Photos on my Jerusalem page. Enjoy!

18 October 2007
It rained last night!!!
The dust of summer has been washed away.
Everything is shiny, green and new
!
First rain in 6 months.
How exciting, how marvelous, how invigorating!!

Israel is one of those countries with a rainy season. That means that after Passover (March/April) it pretty much does not rain until after the High Holidays (September/October), when, hopefully, the country is blessed with the return of rain.

There's even a Biblical promise (Deut. 11: 9 – 14 ): " I will give you the rain of your land in its due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your corn, and your wine, and your oil. "

So we pray for the first rain. We even have two Hebrew words for the first rainfall. It's sometimes called the "bakhora" First Things but more often is called the " yoreh " Yoreh

WM08

Latest News

Wednesday, 01 October 2008
The WM08 Meet in Israel has come to a successful conclusion, Petra extension included.

To my misery I missed all but the first day. At the end of that day I was running to catch a bus, fell and damaged both knees. Fini. No more Meet for me :(

What I am hearing from my new friends is that it was just great! Looking forward to reading all of their pages on their visit to Israel and the Meet!

Want to say a great big thank you to all of the marvelous people that made it happen:
First of all Avi fruitlover that worked tirelessly to make a success of this first Meet in Israel.
Also with regret to Mirjana miranamak. She didn't live long enough to see how her hard work succeeded.
Thanks to Valentina MacedonianUK that designed and saw to the production of the t-shirts (and her son that helped design them - and her little daughter that 'helped' too).

Special thanks to Gila for Shabbat dinner and to Martin & Zahara Martin_S for their hosting of the whole group for dinner in their home on the last night. Both were welcome additional attractions.

And thanks certainly go to all of the attendees that made the whole thing a success!

She took my fancy...

Where to begin...I am a mature woman, a granny. I travel solo now
for a number of years. At first I was terrified and went on only organized
tours (3X). Fairly quickly I realized I could probably do better on my own.

I like to travel slowly, settle in for some days, get to know a place. Not for
me running around just to see - I want to absorb, to appreciate, to understand...

Wednesday 10 September 2008
My dear companion, "Fancy Girl" passed away this morning very early.
She had developed cancer and it was necessary to help her on the way to stop the pain. She will be sorely missed.

Many, many thanks to all who helped with the planning for my 16 day trip to Amsterdam, Brugge, Gent, Antwerp and Brussels. It made my travels so much more enjoyable.

Photos here: Webshots

I love New Zealand !!

And I love this little Rain poem and the Rainforests of New Zealand!

Having seen this on Ilona's page PushiRubiano

Now... a serious point... with global warming affecting our
planet more and more, some guilty feelings were creeping in there,
thinking about the amounts of carbon that is emitted by our travelling,
I did some research into buying so-called 'carbon offsets'. After getting
lots of info from the internet, I decided on Conservation International,
mainly because... This way, you can choose how many carbon offsets
you want to purchase.

Think about it... give something back to this beautiful planet you so love exploring!

Conservation International

I found it a good idea and did the same.

May I suggest that all of us interested in travelling owe something to
the wonderful world we all like to visit?

• Intro Updated Nov 11, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
unaS's Profile Photo

unaS

“Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway.”

Location