"Kuala Selangor" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Selangor by boocik04
Kuala Selangor Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 170 photos
On the 13th of January 2007 I decided to go there for a day-trip - just to visit the Fireflies Sanctuary. Friends were invited, ideas were exchanged and a day-trip to Kuala Selangor became an impromptu overnight stay.
I was frantically trying to find 2 rooms at the DePalma Inn but unfortunately they were fully booked. So, in the end, (with some apprehensiveness) I booked a chalet at the Fireflies Resort in Bukit Belimbing...
p/s: Read on about my journey to Kuala Selangor after 10 years...
Kuala Selangor was the old royal capital of Selangor. It is a coastal district which is 67 southeast of KL and a place for seafood lovers due to its vicinity to the Selangor river and the Straits of Malacca.
The town is not very big and you can actually walk around without a map or a tourist guide. In the small town area, you will see several rows of shophouses & a mosque. Across the river and the bridge is the Pasir Penambang fishing village.
1) Kuala Selangor Nature Park - a well known nature park for migratory & local birds. There are also otters and other small critters.
2) Kuala Selangor Fishing Village - a fishing village with cheap seafood!
3) Pantai Remis - a nice beach beside Pantai Indah Resort. There are food & souvenir stalls open during weekends and public holidays.
4) Mangrove Forest Reserve - a mangrove forest near Pantai Indah Resort. A great site for collecting seachells, hermit crabs, small prawns, cockles & many more....
5) Bukit Melawati - a historical hill which is the site of the first Selangor Sultanate palace & Altingsburg lighthouse is located.
6) Sekinchan Paddy Fields - a site for you to see the paddy fields
7) Kampung Kuantan Fireflies Sanctuary - a government-run fireflies tour for the public
8) Bukit Belimbing Fireflies - a private resort fireflies tour
9) Pasir Penambang market - a market selling dried & fresh seafood
- Pros:A small quiet fisherman village which is slowly developing everyday
- Cons:Not many entertainment or international fast-food outlets
- In a nutshell:More than meet's the eye!
There are people from Shah Alam, Klang and Subang who come here regularly every weekend just to get the fresh seafood by... more travel advice
The fireflies shine at night to attract mates whilst feeding on the young shoots of the "Berembang" trees. On a dark,... more travel advice
boocik04's Related Pages
Kuala Selangor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Selangor"
- "Kuala Selangor"
- "Natural Christmas Trees"
- "..............Kuala Selangor......................"
- "At the Mouth of the Selangor River"
- "Kuala Selanogr"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Selangor
- Hotels in Kuala Selangor
- Transportation in Kuala Selangor
- Nightlife in Kuala Selangor
- Restaurants in Kuala Selangor
- Shopping in Kuala Selangor
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Selangor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Selangor
- 18 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kuala Selangor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Selangor
Photos in Kuala SelangorSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Selangor Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 17 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shah Alam Intro, 15 reviews, 9 photos
- Putrajaya Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Pulau Redang Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Manila Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Bandung Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Troy Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos