"The city that comes out of fairy tales !" Brugge by chewbacca1975
Brugge Travel Guide: 2,852 reviews and 7,715 photos
This gorgeous view welcomes you when you cross the street, as soon as you leave the train station.
Bruges is the main city of West Flanders, which is one of the nine provinces of Belgium. This brilliant city is the seat of the Governor of this coastal province. The Governor represents both the Royal court and the central Government. The neo-gothic building behind me was built in the 19th century.
The statue behind me belongs to Jan Breydel and Pieter de Coninck, the two heroes of the "Battle of the Golden Spurs" in 1302.
Walking down the cobbled streets, riding in a horse-drawn carriage, boating down a canal or renting a bicycle are all satisfying ways to see and enjoy Bruges. Markt, the city's main square, contains many interesting old buildings. Some architecturally varied nearby structures are Chapel of the Hold Blood and The Gothic Town Hall.
here are the names of the windmills and here are the photos of the ones I had the chance to photograph. De Nieuwe... more travel advice
These are two of the preserved old city gateways: the Kruispoort, the Gentpoort, the Smedenpoort and the Ezelpoort. For... more travel advice
chewbacca1975's Related Pages
Brugge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brugge - The promise of things to come"
- "Bruges Beyond Kitsch"
- "Charming just Charming"
- "Brugge, Venice of the North"
- "Brugge die Schone"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brugge
- Hotels in Brugge
- Transportation in Brugge
- Nightlife in Brugge
- Restaurants in Brugge
- Shopping in Brugge
- Warnings and Dangers in Brugge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brugge
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Brugge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brugge
Top 10 Pages
- Cologne Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Budapest Intro, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Pecs Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Dresden Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Poznan Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Prague Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Sturovo Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Brussels Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Esztergom Intro, 1 review, 6 photos