"Newcaste Co Down" Newcastle by sportie12
Newcastle Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 33 photos
Situated in the North of Ireland this is a popular resort.
As the saying goes 'where the Mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea'. The area has a new promenade built and will be completed in 2007. Newcastle is a haven for walkers, cyclists, golfers and many other interests. It's main forest park is Tollymore which has a number of waymarked trails the longest around 19km. Slieve Donard (2796ft) 853mts is the highest mountain in the range and can be reached starting at Donard Car Park close to the promenade and following the route along the Glen River. photo's later!
Slieve Binnian as viewed from Silent Valley
- Pros:Great for the outdoor type, Great Promenade, Family Resort
- Cons:No indoor Council swimming Pool Complex
- In a nutshell:Great place to live, friendly,great coastal & mountain scenery.
sportie12's Related Pages
Newcastle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WHERE THE MOURNE MOUNTAINS SWEEP DOWN TO THE SEA"
- "Newcastle, Northern Ireland"
- "New Castle, Northern Ireland, the gateway"
- "Newcaste Co Down"
- See All...
sportie12 Used To Live Here!
“Is cuma leis an oige ca leagann si a cos.”
- No VT rank yet.
- 0 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Newcastle
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Newcastle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newcastle
- Ireland Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Colorado Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Newcastle Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Clare Island Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.