"Palenque: A Mayan Paradise" Palenque by wilocrek
Palenque Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 728 photos
The biggest mistake I made on my first trip to Palenque was thinking that setting aside one day for visiting the site would be enough. I barely even scratched the surface. I will definitely be setting aside two full days next time I visit. Palenque is a Mayan utopia in that it looks exactly how an exotic city built deep within the jungle should look. The setting itself is pristine, Palenque is set within the foothills of the deep lush green jungle of the Yucatan overlooking the lowlands that seem to stretch into the horizon. In the early morning the mist rises through the ruins giving it a mysterious aura, as though the mist itself is hiding additional secrets about the site. Unlike Chichen Itza which located on the flat lands of the Yucatan, the mountainous region of Palenque gives depth to the ruins that are perfectly situated within the hills and around the jungle. Visiting Palenque in the early morning before the tour buses overrun the place is like being inside of a dream so magnificent that even the most creative child in the world could not conjure up such a vision with their limitless imagination. Palenque was crafted in as perfect detail as a Jaguar automobile. Believe me when I say it would be well worth taking Palenque for a test drive!
Don't worry about bring food and drinks and wondering if your going to be able to buy a trinket to remember your visit... more travel advice
A three tiered pyramidal structure serves as the under pinning for this temple. Inside it is a shrine with the sun panel... more travel advice
wilocrek's Related Pages
Palenque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palenque - The Most Awesome Mayan City!"
- "Palenque, Chiapas"
- "Palenque: A Mayan Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palenque
- Hotels in Palenque
- Transportation in Palenque
- Nightlife in Palenque
- Restaurants in Palenque
- Shopping in Palenque
- Warnings and Dangers in Palenque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palenque
- 20 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Palenque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palenque
Photos in PalenqueSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 34 reviews, 113 photos
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos
- Tulum Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palenque Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Calakmul Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 53 photos
- San Juan Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos