Tulum Shopping Tips by wilocrek
Tulum Shopping: 9 reviews and 8 photos
Suenos Maya's is located just beyond the parking lot for the Tulum Ruins. Its right by the road that leads to the ruins, its the biggest shop in the area so you can miss it. Suenos Maya's offers the largest selection of Tulum gifts and also the most authentic. The have handmade jewelry, carvings, and scultptures that are beyond the cookie cutter items you find in other places. They work with contracted artists and as a result the craftmanship is of the highest quality and in most cases unique to this particular gift shop. Their prices are reasonable and so bargaining is not really required. So if your looking for unique Tulum gifts that you can't find anywhere else then Suenos Maya's is the place to be!
One thing a I highly recommend when staying at the Tulum beach cabana's is brining your own drinks and snacks. Most cabana's will charge about $5 for a beer and $3 for a Coke! When you arrive in Tulum off route 307 from Cancun you will see a grocery store on your right. You can't miss it, its painted in bright blue. I can't remember the exact name but its close to San Francisco Market so that should give you an idea. They sell stryofoam coolers for about $10 and ice for $2, the drinks are priced closer to what they should be, no premium charge here! They also sell fresh fruit and fresh baked goods as well. With a cooler you will be able to have cold drinks and fresh fruit all day long at a much lower price than buying from the cabana's. Granted this is only really an option if you have a rental car but I used this method the last time I went and saved a bunch!
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (21)
- See All Experience a Sunrise in Tulum!!!
- See All The Tulum Train: To the Ruins and back!
- The Best Bakery in Tulum
- See All Experience the Beach Bum Life!
- Mexican Independence Day
- Playing basketball and soccer w/ the...
- Authentic in both price and taste!
- Quiet times...but good times!
- Beware of big spiders and mosquito's!!!!
- Watch out for the Iguana's!
- I learned the hard way...you don't have...
Been to Tulum?Share your travels with the world!
wilocrek's Related Pages
Tulum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ruins and the Cove of Tulum & Caribbean Sea"
- "TULUM - maya ruins, white beaches and turquise sea"
- "Ahhhhh. The Yucatan"
- "TULUM ---- ESTADO DE QUINTANA ROO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tulum
- Hotels in Tulum
- Transportation in Tulum
- Nightlife in Tulum
- Restaurants in Tulum
- Shopping in Tulum
- Warnings and Dangers in Tulum
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tulum
- 23 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Tulum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tulum
- Posted in Travel Israel Forum "Re: Complicated?"
- updated a Tulum Travelogue "Yucatan Road Trip: A Mayan Adventure!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yucatan Road Trip: A Mayan Adventure!"
- Wrote a Review Experience a Sunrise in Tulum!!! about Beaches in Tulum Things to Do
- Commented on one of Kaspian's Tulum travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 34 reviews, 113 photos
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos
- Tulum Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palenque Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Calakmul Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 53 photos
- San Juan Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos
Latest Tulum hotel reviews
- Ocho Tulum
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2012
- Diamante K
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Cabanas La Luna
- 277 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Playa Kin Ha
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Luna Maya
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Weary Traveler Hostel
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Lobo Inn
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 19, 2013
- Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa All Inclusive
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Boca Paila Fishing Lodge
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013
- Tulum Hostel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 24, 2012
- Cabanas Tulum
- 383 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Cabanas Retiro Maya
- 173 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Tulum Ruins- 53 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Beaches- 28 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Gran Cenote- 10 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Tulum Town- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Coba Pyramids- 8 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Temple of the Descending God- 11 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Sian Ka an Biosphere Reserve- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
- El Castillo- 10 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Snorkeling- 5 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Los Voladores- 6 Reviews, 13 Photos
See All Tulum Things to Do