"Honolulu: All shook up!" Honolulu by wilocrek

Honolulu Travel Guide: 2,004 reviews and 4,786 photos

Ever since I saw that infamous Brady Bunch episode where the family goes to Honolulu I have wanted to go. I had a crush on Cindy Brady...go easy on me I as 7yrs old at the time! When I finally was able to visit in October 2006 I was shaking all over...not from excitement though. I flew in the morning of the earthquake and so I spent the first 3hrs of my visit on the runway watching Shrek 2! When I finally got to my beach front hotel all the power was out in the city which made for an interesting scene as I sat on the balcony of my hotel overlooking a dark and silent city. When the power did come on the entire city lit up block by block. Definitely a unique way to start out my trip. Honolulu's main strip is an adventure to walk down, with the beach on one side and a line of hotels and expensive shops on the other side. For me the true beauty of Honolulu was climbing Diamond Head Crater and visiting Pearl Harbor. Honolulu provides a little bit of everything, but I found that the best beaches were in Maui and while I wouldn't visit Honolulu again I wouldn't trade visiting it for the first time for anything!

• Last visit to Honolulu: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2008

Comments

wilocrek

“"The Joys of Carefree Wandering"”

Badges & Stats in Honolulu

Have you been to Honolulu?

Latest Activity in Honolulu