"Welcome to the Center of Cinque Terre!" Corniglia by wilocrek
Corniglia Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 235 photos
Corniglia is not only the center of Cinque Terre, it also has the highest elevation of the five villages as it sits on top of the mountain overlooking the ocean. If your hiking the trail from Maranola to Corniglia, after you climb the 320 stairs to the top you are welcomed by a sign that proudly states that Corniglia is the center of Cinque Terre. Unlike the other villages that are built into or around the mountain, Corniglia simply sits on top. This village offers wonderful view of the ocean and even better views of the terrace farming that Cinque Terre is famous for. This is a nice, quiet place to visit, most tourists skip this town so their loss is your gain as you will only have to share Corniglia with the locals!
There is a commuter train that runs between the five villages with great frequency during the day, roughly about every... more travel advice
One of the calling cards of Cinque Terre is the unique method of farming they use which is called "terracing". This... more travel advice
wilocrek's Related Pages
Corniglia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Corniglia - on the Cinque Terre"
- "Perched among the vineyards"
- "The third village of the Cinque Terre...."
- "The littlest, middlest one"
- "Welcome to the Center of Cinque Terre!"
- "Quietest town in Cinque Terre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corniglia
- Hotels in Corniglia
- Transportation in Corniglia
- Restaurants in Corniglia
- Shopping in Corniglia
- Warnings and Dangers in Corniglia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corniglia
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Corniglia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corniglia
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 34 reviews, 113 photos
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos
- Tulum Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palenque Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Calakmul Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 53 photos
- San Juan Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos