"Beach Bumming in Egypt" Nuweiba` by wilocrek
Nuweiba` Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 276 photos
To many tourists Nuweiba is just a means to an end, in other words its simply a port town, a place to catch the ferry to Aqaba, Jordan. But to budget friendly traveler like myself its a beach bums paradise. Nuweiba is small, laidback beach town that has beautiful uncrowded sand dune beaches. The light red sand is warm and grainy and the water serene and calm. The best part however is the stunning views of the Red Sea and beyond. From the beach you can see into Israel, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia in one sweeping glance. Nuweiba is also a starting point to visiting the Sinai Peninsula including Saint Katerine and Dahab and at one point before the terrorist bombings was quite the tourist attraction for Israeli youth. However the beaches are now largely deserted and the resorts running on fumes, which may not appeal to every tourist but for those looking for an inexpensive way to experience the beautiful beaches of the Sinai in solitude than look no further than Nuweiba.
The town of Nuweiba is extremely small and basic, there are a couple of places to eat and several markets. By the port... more travel advice
wilocrek's Related Pages
Nuweiba` Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to The Monastery of St Catherine."
- "Sinai, Egypt"
- " Little Paradise.... "
- "Nuweiba - A Tiny Town along the Red Sea"
- "The Colored Canyon and Nuweiba"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuweiba`
- Hotels in Nuweiba`
- Transportation in Nuweiba`
- Nightlife in Nuweiba`
- Restaurants in Nuweiba`
- Shopping in Nuweiba`
- Warnings and Dangers in Nuweiba`
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nuweiba`
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Nuweiba`?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuweiba`
Photos in Nuweiba`See All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 34 reviews, 113 photos
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos
- Tulum Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palenque Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Calakmul Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 53 photos
- San Juan Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos