"Mi Pilipinas HP" Philippines by barbie_sunrise
Philippines Travel Guide: 24,436 reviews and 82,456 photos
Philippines has 7,107 islands
It is located between Philippine Sea and the South China Sea
The Three main Islands: Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao
The country has 79 provinces grouped in 16 regions
Laguage: Tagalog and English, with 10 other languages and 87 dialects
Currency: Philippine Peso (PhP)
Climate: March to May is hot and dry. June to October is rainy. November to February is cool
time: GMT +8 hours
Getting here: Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila is the premier gateway. Other international gateways are Cebu, Davao, Clark, Subic and Laoag
Entry Regulations: Valid Passport is required. All visitors may enter the country without visa and may stay for 21 days provided they have tickets for onward journeys.
What to wear: Light and casual clothes are recommended.
Electricity: 220 volts
25 THINGS TO DO IN THE PHILIPPINES …
By Jill Lejano
Philippine Daily Inquirer
DateFirst Posted 22:05:00 12/04/2010
… before fantasizing about exploring other countries
1. Go white water rafting in Cagayan de Oro.
2. Visit Batanes.
3. See Mt. Mayon up close.
4. Swim with the whale sharks in Donsol.
5. Climb Mt. Pulag and be awed by its sea of clouds.
6. Dive, swim and explore Palawan’s underground river.
7. Hike and let the view of Mt. Pinatubo crater take your breath away.
8. Party in your bikini in Boracay.
9. Surf’s up! Choose your wave—La Union, Zambales or Real, Quezon.
10. Missed out on the pristine beauty of Boracay 15 years ago? Visit Malapascua, Cebu.
11. Dive and see the rich marine life of Anilao, Batangas.
12. Travel back in time—go to Vigan.
13. Let Bohol wow you with its many offerings—the Chocolate Hills, the tarsier, the Loboc River Cruise, old churches and the beach.
14. Go high! Drive to the Mountain Province of Sagada. Check out the caves, the hanging coffins and enjoy the laidback lifestyle.
15. Grab a Viaje del Sol map, visit Ugu Binyan’s pottery studio, eat at Kusina Salud and unwind at Casa San Pablo.
16. Spend an entire week up north. Take a road trip from Manila to Vigan, Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Aparri and Isabela!
17. Try wakeboarding in Camsur.
18. Check out Malate, Old Manila and all their secret spots.
19. There are many reasons to love Davao. Kublai’s artworks, its proximity to the beach, the tasty pastil and juicy suha. And did I mention that it’s a smoke-free city?
20. Spend a weekend roughing it in Anawangin and Capones in Zambales.
21. Check out our colorful fiestas and document them with your camera. Ati-atihan, Dinagyang, Masskara, Sinulog, Higantes, Panagbenga and more.
22. Pick your own strawberries at the Strawberry Fields in La Trinidad, Benguet.
23. Go to Pampanga for sisig.
24. If it’s too hot in Manila, grab a few friends and take a quick trip to Tagaytay.
25. Enjoy a food trip in Iloilo. You’ll never go hungry in this city.
INTERESTING PLACE WORTH A VISIT
barbie_sunrise's Related Pages
Philippines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Philippines: The Fiesta Islands of Asia"
- "Tierra Adorada, Hija Del Sol De Oriente..."
- "My Country Home"
- "Over 7000 Islands!! Have Fun"
- "Beautiful Philippines Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philippines
- Hotels in Philippines
- Transportation in Philippines
- Nightlife in Philippines
- Restaurants in Philippines
- Shopping in Philippines
- Warnings and Dangers in Philippines
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Philippines
- 90 Reviews
- 1,231 Photos
- 318 Forum posts
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Philippines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philippines
Videos in PhilippinesSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 35 reviews, 101 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 8 reviews, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 7 reviews, 69 photos, 9 travelogues
- Davao City Intro, 4 reviews, 71 photos, 8 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 2 reviews, 65 photos, 8 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 59 photos, 8 travelogues
- Padre Burgos Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 52 photos, 8 travelogues
- Quezon City 2 reviews, 49 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (70)
Top Philippines hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 897 Photos
- Tagaytay Hotels
- 258 Reviews - 846 Photos
- Boracay Island Hotels
- 1630 Reviews - 4508 Photos
- Cebu City Hotels
- 490 Reviews - 1464 Photos
- Makati Hotels
- 534 Reviews - 2137 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- Davao Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 815 Photos
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- 366 Reviews - 937 Photos
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- 272 Reviews - 646 Photos
- Laguna Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Vigan Hotels
- 417 Reviews - 1221 Photos
- Quezon City Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 156 Photos
- Cebu Island Hotels
- 159 Reviews - 433 Photos
- Pagudpud Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1150 Photos