"ALCANTARA: MYTHS AND MYSTERIES" Alcântara by marcbrazil

Alcântara Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 99 photos

A PLACE THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

The first time I went to this fabolous island, I felt in love and I am sure that the same thing will happen to you!!!Alcantara is just a fantastic place. A city with many stories, legends and mysteries that makes it a good place to visit and to discover new things about it.

In the beginning of the colonization, Alcantara was used as a base to explore all Amazon area, and a place to expel the invading people, eg. french, dutch and many others. Just because of this, we can see their influences on the architecture, way of life, cusuine and many other things that you have to see it for yourself! I can tell you, that you will get involved on this place, just when you arrive here. And you can see the different kinds of tiles and their influence in the city.

Alcantara has many beautiful places to visit! You will be in love when you go to a beach called "Baroneza"...You will be in love, because when you realize it will have just you on an enormous place with São Luís as back-ground.

You will see the magrove, typical vegetation of this place with the mud (you have to pass it, if you want to visit one of the best places of this island).

In summary, I have just to say: You will come to Alcantara and will want to come back as fast as you can, because Alcantara is a place to fall in love and live good moments of life!

Old and young: The ruins

Alcantara also has a fantastic group of old buildings that I can consider the most enigmatics of this state! You can feel the atmosphere of the place that many years ago important people were there and even with the time, they still have their presence there!

You can see many kinds of those buildings. Many of them are preserved, and look like really new, and many others the time just gives them a introspective spirit and just add beauty to them!

I am sure that you will love this island, because it has many good things to see: the beaches, the buildings, the way that people live etc.
Come here and see it for yourself!!!!I promisse you that will be an unforgettable trip!

The mix of the best!

Just Like I said, if you're thinking in a place that mixes different things, you have to think hard to visit Alcantara, because it really has the mix of the old, the myths, legends, buildings and tiles with a perfect natural enviroment, beaches, typical vegetations, typical people and everything that will make you really feel in a unique place in the world!

I am really proud because I have a place like this in my state, just next to my home! And I know that every new time I go there I have a different impression. Alcantara has its mysteries and I really want to discover them!

Alcantara is place to live special moments...It can be a romantic place, if you want to.It can be a place with adventure, if you want to.

Alcantara can be the place you want!It has many faces and you choose one that could be thte best for you!

Be my guest to visit and love this place called Alcantara!

• Last visit to Alcântara: Nov 2006
  • Intro Written Jan 22, 2007

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2007 at 9:44 AM

What good luck you had to meet someone as trusting as Lady Batiza! I enjoyed this page thanks!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2007 at 4:46 PM

very nice page mate. i'd love to explore maranhao.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 5:58 PM

I can see you've lost your heart to this undiscovered hideaway...maybe next visit the tourists will have found it!! my best to you...

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2007 at 3:13 PM

Lady Batiza was a wonderful person to treat you and Rafael so well. Great descriptions and terrific photographs.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2007 at 9:16 AM

Spending only a day in Alcantara wasn't enough to experience everything it offers but I enjoyed the atmosphere there a lot! Look forward to my next visit in December :)

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 2:55 AM

Amazing Place that I had the honor to be with you, Alcantara is a mistery...Different feelings can be felt there..I had love, fun and lots of adventure! And you were my great companior in this conquest. THANK YOU!

marcbrazil

“Believe in your dreams and wishes with strengh and you will get everywhere!”

Badges & Stats in Alcântara

Have you been to Alcântara?

Latest Activity in Alcântara