"AN ISLAND THAT WE FEEL IT IS OUR HOME" Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande by marcbrazil

Ilha Grande Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 206 photos

ILHA GRANDE

Ilha Grande is being descovered right now, but since many years it has been a special holiday destination for many people in Brazil, specially people from Rio de Janeiro, the Cariocas. I have not heard anything about this island before meeting Rafael, but he always told me about this beautiful piece of Heavens.

We spent one weekend there, and it was enough for me to be willing to go there in every free tima that I could get.

Trails in the island that you come across with unique beaches, one wilder than the other, each one more beautiful that you really know which one you choose to go.

ILHA GRANDE SHOULD BE A NAME THAT NO VISITOR WOLD NEVER FORGET....For everyone who had never come here...ILHA GRANDE is just a name, bot for people who has the opportunity to see such a paradise...ILHA GRANDE is the real paradise that we are looking for!

VERY GREEN, LOTS OF WILD LIFE AND LOTS OF SIMPLE PEOPLE. It is not a touristy place at all. Ilha Gande is a secret shared by the locals, and some visitors who had the lucly to know someone in Rio that was taken there when visiting the city.

So RIO DE JANEIRO is not only RIO DE JANEIRO!!!! If you know what I mean...Rio de Janeiro State is a real box of surprises, and I am now very happy to be living close to so manyincredible places!

ILHA GRANDE IS MY SHELTER. If I want to be close to the nature I go there, if I need to have a meeting with the depth of my soul I just go there, if I need to relax and enjoy the life with someone I love, Ilha Grande is the place; if I just need to forget the problems of a big urban centre, I visit the island and live like a fishermen or just an indian, hahahaha :)

ILHA GRANDE IS THE PLACE, actually I do not need to write anything, just when you see the pictures no words will be explained, the images will give you the explantions you need!

GET TO KNOW MORE ABOUT SOME GREAT SURPRISES OF RIO

Yes, I told you, as soon as you fidn that Rio de Janeiro is also the name of the State, pay attention about some special places that you can visit. Rio offers you incredible and unique paradise spots like islands, litke little colonial vilages, like very hidden inlet bays, green and high mountains, luxury waterfalls. pleaces where nature simply screams at you and you get absolutely in love!

ILHA GRANDE IS ONE OF THESE SURPRISES, and it is also a great chance for you to get to know more about one of the most beautiful States of Brazil, and the island is simply one of the most interesting and incredible destinations in the country. No cars are allowed there, people still keep the low rhythm of a life in a hidden place where fishing, art crafts and trade of goods are still the strongest economy of a location.

Just recently people found out the power of this island, a great discover for our tourism that we all must preserve...

ILHA GRANDE IS STILL A PLACE THAT THE NATURE IS VIRGIN AND THERE ARE MORE THAN 100 BEACHES FOR YOU TO CHOOSE!!!

A GREAT OPTION OF PLEASURE, A GREAT OPTION FOR YOU TO ENJOY A PLACE FOR TWO, A FANTASTIC DESTINATION TO MAKE YOUR TRIP TO BRAZIL ONE OF THE BEST TRIPS OF YOUR LIFE!

• Last visit to Ilha Grande: Dec 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 31, 2007

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2007 at 9:57 PM

Raphael introduced me to many places in Brazil, hope to meet him in person one day still. Looks like you had a good time ;-)

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2007 at 12:51 PM

A great Island as I like it: green forest, white beach, cristal water and wild SNAKES ;-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2007 at 7:38 AM

Marc, another gorgeous page of yours with brilliant photos as well. I am glad to see that you met the best embassador of Rio. *winkygrin*

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2007 at 9:54 AM

This sounds like an exotic place to visit! Thanks for sharing it!

• Oct 31, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Sounds fantastic! Your intro here is great, and really makes me want to visit!:o)

marcbrazil Visits Here Frequently!

marcbrazil

“Believe in your dreams and wishes with strengh and you will get everywhere!”

Badges & Stats in Ilha Grande

Have you been to Ilha Grande?

Latest Activity in Ilha Grande