"RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!" Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro by marcbrazil
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 3,640 reviews and 6,560 photos
I'm here in Rio! Rio of the Crist, Rio of the beaches, such as Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon and so many others!Rio of the Sugar Loaf and Rio of the Samba, the Caipirinhas, the Cariocas,The Carnival, the Bossa nova, The girl from Ipanema and many other things that we could see in this fantastic place! Even a little walk, you can have a great idea of the Carioca way of life!I'm not a Carioca, I was born there up North in Maranhão (Which I like very much), but I have a special passion and I just come to this place to live, to work and to be happy, and also to have a delicious daily routine, because Rio is always beautiful and Rio is something that you must see it for yourself!
It's impossible to describe how wonderful life is here and how content I am to live here. It's just what I always say, I can live 50 years here, and when I just see the Crist in Corcovado, I just stop and think that I'm happy to be in Rio and more than that how I feel to be Brazilian!Because, when we think about Brazil, the first place that comes up in our minds is Rio!
Come and visit Rio! You will love it!:)
The first time, I came here, you cannot imagine the sensation that I had when i just went up to the Corcovado!It's something that i could not describe in words, something reallly strong and good!I felt peace and the power of the things that were around me at that time!Up there, you can see the whole Rio de Janeiro!You can have a great idea, how big and how wonderful this city is and also you will say to yourself that Rio is one of the most beautiful cities in this World!
Even, if you are not that religious, you should come to see how great this mountain is and a spectacullar view of the city!
Up there, you can see Sugar Loaf, you can see Guanabara bay, you can see the beaches,the forest and many interesting things that we have here!
If you come to Rio,go to Corcovado! You will love it!
If you come to Rio, you really should come to Sugar Loaf!It's one of the most beautiful views in the city, because up there, you can see Copacabana beach, Guanabara bay and a great LANDSCAPES of the city...From the top of the mountain you can have an idea that Rio is divided by BAY AREA and the OCEAN REGION. The Bay Area covers the most populated areas of Rio and the Ocean holds the well off part of the population in a way. Sure that neighborhoods like Botafogo, Flamengo or Laranjeiras (traditional districts of Rio) can be found there...but you can also find the city centre, the port of Rio and many industrial areas around the Bay, on the other hand the best neighborhoods of Rio and also the most touristy spots can be find around the Ocean like Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon or Gavea and Jardim Botanico, and if you continue following the ocean you can also head to the west part of the city where the famous Barra da Tijuca is located.
A day at the Sugar Loaf, here, it is named PÃO DE AÇUCAR, will be the best optio for you to understand the city, you will also notice that it is the landmark which starts the entrance of Guanabara Bay, and you can see on the other edge the so beautiful Holy Cross Fortress in Niteroi which is anothercity of the State, and also the second most important city of Rio de Janeiro.
The mountain is located in a very safe area of Rio, all surrounded by Military Schools and Fortress which reminds a little bit of West Point in the States, right next to the Pão de Açucar you can see the cute Vermelha Beach where the portuguese first set foot in 1503 and a very green and magnificent trail which provides a great surprise in your day called PISTA CLAUDIO COUTINHO!
- Pros:Everywhere you go you find reasons to be in love with the city!
- Cons:During peak hours it is a real CHAOS in the city trafic!!!
- In a nutshell:Actually you do not need to be a Carioca to have Rio de Janeiro in your heart!
Tijuca Forest is famous, you can find many things about it in many travel books...but hardly you will find something... more travel advice
Hhahahahahaha I had such a fantastic day this week with Rafael and two nice english friends in one place in Rio that... more travel advice
- See All A DAY IN SANTA TEREZA
- See All GOING TO THE AIRPORT CAN BE FUNNY
- See All IN A WEEKEND...GO TO TO MARACANÃ
- See All A GOOD MUSEUM...FROM OUTSIDE :)
- See All THE BEACH
- See All IT IS SAD BUT IT IS TRUE
marcbrazil's Related Pages
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RIO DE JANEIRO HAS SECRETS"
- "Welcome to the City of God"
- "Rio de Janeiro - Minha casa / My Home"
- "Rio de Janeiro - My favourite place on earth!"
- "RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!"
- "Imagining Rio"
- "Rio de Janeiro - a work in progress for a while..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- Transportation in Rio de Janeiro
- Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro
- Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
- Shopping in Rio de Janeiro
- Warnings and Dangers in Rio de Janeiro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro
- 85 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rio de Janeiro
- Wrote a Review THE NATURAL SHOWER?? I HAVE BEEN THERE!!! in Rio de Janeiro Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE NATURAL SHOWER?? I HAVE BEEN THERE!!!"
- updated a Rio de Janeiro Travel Page "RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!"
- Commented on one of wrldtravler's Rio de Janeiro travel pages
Photos in Rio de JaneiroSee All Photos (108)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 85 reviews, 108 photos
- São Luís Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Alcântara Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Tutóia Intro, 3 photos