"RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!" Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro by marcbrazil

Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 3,640 reviews and 6,560 photos

HAPPY TO LIVE IN RIO - OUR HOUSE! :)

I'm here in Rio! Rio of the Crist, Rio of the beaches, such as Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon and so many others!Rio of the Sugar Loaf and Rio of the Samba, the Caipirinhas, the Cariocas,The Carnival, the Bossa nova, The girl from Ipanema and many other things that we could see in this fantastic place! Even a little walk, you can have a great idea of the Carioca way of life!I'm not a Carioca, I was born there up North in Maranhão (Which I like very much), but I have a special passion and I just come to this place to live, to work and to be happy, and also to have a delicious daily routine, because Rio is always beautiful and Rio is something that you must see it for yourself!

It's impossible to describe how wonderful life is here and how content I am to live here. It's just what I always say, I can live 50 years here, and when I just see the Crist in Corcovado, I just stop and think that I'm happy to be in Rio and more than that how I feel to be Brazilian!Because, when we think about Brazil, the first place that comes up in our minds is Rio!
Come and visit Rio! You will love it!:)

OUR WONDER - THE CHRIST IN CORCOVADO!

The first time, I came here, you cannot imagine the sensation that I had when i just went up to the Corcovado!It's something that i could not describe in words, something reallly strong and good!I felt peace and the power of the things that were around me at that time!Up there, you can see the whole Rio de Janeiro!You can have a great idea, how big and how wonderful this city is and also you will say to yourself that Rio is one of the most beautiful cities in this World!

Even, if you are not that religious, you should come to see how great this mountain is and a spectacullar view of the city!

Up there, you can see Sugar Loaf, you can see Guanabara bay, you can see the beaches,the forest and many interesting things that we have here!
If you come to Rio,go to Corcovado! You will love it!

THE IMPRESSIVE SUGAR LOAF!

If you come to Rio, you really should come to Sugar Loaf!It's one of the most beautiful views in the city, because up there, you can see Copacabana beach, Guanabara bay and a great LANDSCAPES of the city...From the top of the mountain you can have an idea that Rio is divided by BAY AREA and the OCEAN REGION. The Bay Area covers the most populated areas of Rio and the Ocean holds the well off part of the population in a way. Sure that neighborhoods like Botafogo, Flamengo or Laranjeiras (traditional districts of Rio) can be found there...but you can also find the city centre, the port of Rio and many industrial areas around the Bay, on the other hand the best neighborhoods of Rio and also the most touristy spots can be find around the Ocean like Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon or Gavea and Jardim Botanico, and if you continue following the ocean you can also head to the west part of the city where the famous Barra da Tijuca is located.

A day at the Sugar Loaf, here, it is named PÃO DE AÇUCAR, will be the best optio for you to understand the city, you will also notice that it is the landmark which starts the entrance of Guanabara Bay, and you can see on the other edge the so beautiful Holy Cross Fortress in Niteroi which is anothercity of the State, and also the second most important city of Rio de Janeiro.

The mountain is located in a very safe area of Rio, all surrounded by Military Schools and Fortress which reminds a little bit of West Point in the States, right next to the Pão de Açucar you can see the cute Vermelha Beach where the portuguese first set foot in 1503 and a very green and magnificent trail which provides a great surprise in your day called PISTA CLAUDIO COUTINHO!

• Pros:Everywhere you go you find reasons to be in love with the city!
  • Cons:During peak hours it is a real CHAOS in the city trafic!!!
  • In a nutshell:Actually you do not need to be a Carioca to have Rio de Janeiro in your heart!
  • Intro Updated Dec 13, 2007

• alza's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2009 at 3:46 PM

tks for Rio & other pages Marcone. Could not leave comments earlier today but it's working now. Brazil is huge & I'm finding it hard to plan well -- your knowledge & tips helped a LOT! Hope you're doing well, cheers!

• saillady's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2007 at 12:46 PM

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Marcone!!!!

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Beauty Marck.LOved every bit and some funny photos!And liked your tips on Public transportation some thing I use a lot when travelling.

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 1:52 AM

Very nice page indeed!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2007 at 10:43 PM

A city of contrasts that sounds very interesting - and your love for it comes through.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 9:42 AM

Marc, this is indeed an outstanding page with brilliant photos and very useful information. Well done. I really like your Tourist Trap tips. Keep up the fantastic work.

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2007 at 1:50 PM

Wow.. your sunset photo at Niteroi is beautiful. Great tips on a magical part of the world - I'd love to visit one day :-)

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Nice tips and nice pics on Rio and Ipanema. You have a very good friend and photographer ;p send my regards to Raf.

• Oct 29, 2007 at 8:21 PM

MARCONE:I LOVE YOUR PAGES, THEY ARE SO COLORFUL!!!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Amazing page Marcone!! I've been to Feria do Nordeste and Rio Scenarium and really enjoyed there :) And just love restaurants 'a kilo'! I see there is still so much to discover in this marvellous city. Hope to visit Escadaria Selaron next time :))

marcbrazil Lives Here!

marcbrazil

“Believe in your dreams and wishes with strengh and you will get everywhere!”

Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro

Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?