"Fayetteville Hot Spots" Fayetteville by MamaDodah

Fayetteville Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 21 photos

KG's Sports Pub

This place is a new Sports Bar to Fayetteville. My first visit there in November was an excellent experience! Although the establishment sits a bit off the main highway, it was well worth finding for sure. It sits on the left when heading northbound on Hwy 231 (considered Huntsville Highway)
just accross from the Long John Silvers restaurant. There is a BBQ place that is no longer in business and KG's sits just behind the BBQ place.

I ordered the Wings, I love my wings.. the waitress suggested I try the "redneck sauce", I laughed at the name at first, but was extremly happy I listened to the suggestion. The wings were the best I've ever eaten, the redneck sauce was sweet but with a good kick of heat and spices. My husband ordered the cheeseburger (which was huge) and onion rings. He said it was delicious.

We had a couple of cold beers and shot a few games of pool after eating. I threw darts while my husband watched football on the big screen tv. Having something else to do after eating was a big plus for us. The staff was very friendly and made us feel at home while there. We spoke to the owner "Kathy" a bit while shooting pool, we mentioned we rode motorcycles in the area when the weather was nice. We were pleased to hear the pub was a biker friendly establishment. She stated that they would be having a bike nite soon and we plan on visiting again to meet other people who enjoy riding too.

We've been back several times on the weekends to eat and listen to the live bands and had a wonderful time. The other folks who were there were a fun crowd and we have made many new friends through our visits.

I would suggest this establishment to all who visit the area.

Sir's Fabrics

If you sew, upholster furniture or craft, Sir's is your place to shop for discounted prices on all your fabrics. My Mother and I have shopped there for about 4 years and always found exactly what we were looking for. There are actually two seperate buildings which sit directly accross the street from each other. One is for upholstry and designer type fabrics and accross the street ...clothing and quilting fabrics, patterns, notions and trims etc. They are happy to supply samples of your fabric choices to match with your homes paint or rug colors etc before purchasing. I do alot of home decorating for myself and others so that's a big plus. Their prices are well below the prices in the fabric stores in Huntsville and their staff is very helpful in finding what you are looking for or suggesting fabrics for your specific needs.

• Pros:Conveinent to Hazel Green. Good choice of restaurants and businesses.
  • Cons:None I can think of
  • In a nutshell:Pleasant laid back country/hometown atmosphere, friendly folks.
  • Last visit to Fayetteville: Dec 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 6, 2006

Comments

MamaDodah's Related Pages

MamaDodah Visits Here Frequently!

MamaDodah

“Enjoy the adventure or never take the journey”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Fayetteville

Have you been to Fayetteville?

Latest Activity in Fayetteville