"île maurice" Mauritius by Kisu
Mauritius Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 529 photos
It's said that this fat bird has only existed in Mauritius. Though it became extinct before 1700, it seems to be important for Mauritians and they are really proud of it as you can see it printed everywhere. You can also buy cute Dodo soft toys, t-shirts, hand-made glass product etc. as a souvenir.
Mauritius has great sceneries that you don't see anywhere else. This place Chamarel is a hill with all the 7 coulours of the volcanic earth that doesn't mix together. Coulours are really bright and beautiful. It's forbidden to walk on the sand or take it with you but this sand is also sold in souvenir packs that you can take back home.
Mauritius is surrounded by a coral reef. Great undersea life, beaches and relaxing lifestyle makes the visit in Mauritius unforgettable. All the most beautiful beaches that I've seen are in Mauritius. Those white sandy beaches are really calm and there are plenty of bays that are accessible either by boat or by walk.
Kisu's Related Pages
Mauritius Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WOW, its Mauritius !"
- "Mauritius - A Colourful Island Paradise"
- "Mauritius Feb 2004"
- "The South of Mauritius"
- "île maurice"
- "august 19th-sept 3rd 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mauritius
- Hotels in Mauritius
- Transportation in Mauritius
- Nightlife in Mauritius
- Restaurants in Mauritius
- Shopping in Mauritius
- Warnings and Dangers in Mauritius
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mauritius
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mauritius?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mauritius
Photos in MauritiusSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Aruba Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hainan Sheng Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Maldives Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- La Digue Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cap-Haïtien Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos