"Holyead and Trearddur Bay" Holyhead by alexfenton
Holyhead Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 54 photos
I have visited these places every year for the last 25 years - and would reccomend this for a day trip or a weeks holiday. Basically - I usually take the tent or camper van to the Valley of the Rocks campsite which is situated between Holyead and Trearddur Bay. This is an excellent campsite and costs just a few pounds a night. It is a short walk from the beautiful Porth Dafarch beach which is pictured.
Porth Dafarch is a great place to spend a day relaxing, having a bbq or doing watersports. I have taken my kayak here before - but it can get busy in summer.
Holyhead is a typical port town. We always visit the pound shops here and buy some food for a bbq.
If you like watersports, relaxing, lovely scenery, beaches - I would reccomend here. You can always jump on the ferry for 13 pounds over to Dublin for the day (or longer). You can also play golf, snooker and horse riding and various other things in Trearddur Bay.
Its a good base to see the rest of beautiful and interesting Anglesey.
We go here annually now to Valley of the rocks and Dublin and its always a fabulous weekend.
- Pros:Nearby beatiful scenery and beaches, easy to get to Dublin
- Cons:Holyhead a little run down, you must like Dublin, beaches and nice scenery
- In a nutshell:Holyead and Trearddur Bay are fabulous and worth a visit.
There isnt much in the way of nightlife here. I would reccomend having a few drinks and a bbq on one of the beaches.... more travel advice
alexfenton's Related Pages
Holyhead Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "holyhead...oh well never mind"
- "Merely a flying visit."
- "More than the sum of its parts"
- "Stopping off en route to and from Dublin"
- "Just Passing Through"
- "The Celtic Gateway"
- "Holyead and Trearddur Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Holyhead
- Hotels in Holyhead
- Transportation in Holyhead
- Nightlife in Holyhead
- Restaurants in Holyhead
- Warnings and Dangers in Holyhead
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Holyhead
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Holyhead?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Holyhead
Top 5 Pages
- Goa Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Delhi Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos