"Kitakata and Aizu-Wakamatsu" Kitakata by Mr.Sparkle
Kitakata Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 31 photos
Welcome to Kitakata, a land blessed with pure mountain water and an abundance of rice. The town retains an old feel with over 2000 of its traditional store houses, kura, still standing and in use. The town is peppered with some old shrines and onsens, but nothing to go out of your way to see. The big draw is the food!
Close by Kitakata is the much larger and frequently visited city of Aizu-Wakamatsu. Unfortunately, there is no city listing for Aizu, so I will put all my tips here. Aizu is a little richer with its cultural assets, but lacks on the food aspect.
This is a great place to spend from 3 to 6 days, of course this really depends on what your interests are. If you’ve come all this way than you should do the area justice and explore all it has to offer.
- Pros:Great ramen and Sake!
Between the main shopping street and Minamimachi (main section of kura storehouses) you will find a unique type of kura,... more travel advice
While at the castle its worth a look at the tea room area off on the other side of the castle grounds. Tea ceremonies... more travel advice
Mr.Sparkle's Related Pages
Kitakata Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kitakata
- 15 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kitakata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kitakata
Photos in KitakataSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanazawa Intro, 69 reviews, 195 photos
- Japan Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos
- Fuji Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Kitakata Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos
- Sukhothai Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Taipei Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toyama Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Fukui-ken Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Hue Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos