"The pulse of Tokyo" Shinjuku by Mr.Sparkle
Shinjuku Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 335 photos
If you wanna feel the pulse of Tokyo, Shinjuku is the place to go with its endless stream of people flowing from the heart of the area, Shinjuku train station, to its polar opposites East and West sides. The west being the very respectable face of Tokyo with it clean look and gigantic building (one being the Tokyo Prefecturel office, Tochou) and the East more grungy with its infinite amount of Host and Hostess bars. There is a very raw sexual energy that runs through as young men with dyed hair try to solicit young ladies into their club. Truly, Shinjuku is a place that never sleeps and one can see the hustle and bustle through all hours of the day and night and in all weather.
I got this e-mail from a person who signed up with VT, sent me this e-mail and never logged in again. I find hilarious, to say the least. I just had to commit it to my Shinjuku page before the e-mail was deleted. enjoy!
"I was told that the red light district of japan was shinjuku. I stumbled on your
shinjuku page and was wondering if you knew much about the prostitutes and
services there and how much they cost. are the girls in the maid outfits from
In case you are wondering, I didn't even bother to respond to such dribble.
When most people think of maid cafes the east side of Tokyo, specifically Akihabara, comes to mind. What this little gem... more travel advice
Mr.Sparkle's Related Pages
Shinjuku Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the neon lights are pretty..."
- "Shinjuku & Ginza - Famous Places in Tokyo"
- "Newer Tokyo"
- "Tokyo's Shinjuku"
- "The pulse of Tokyo"
- "Skyscrapers everywhere"
- "Shinjuku - Tokyo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shinjuku
- Hotels in Shinjuku
- Transportation in Shinjuku
- Nightlife in Shinjuku
- Restaurants in Shinjuku
- Shopping in Shinjuku
- Warnings and Dangers in Shinjuku
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shinjuku
- 3 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Shinjuku?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shinjuku
Photos in ShinjukuSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanazawa Intro, 69 reviews, 195 photos
- Japan Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos
- Fuji Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Kitakata Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos
- Sukhothai Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Taipei Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toyama Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Fukui-ken Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Hue Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos