"Teuchitlan, Guachimontones and a round pyramid" Teuchitlán by m1nkey
Teuchitlán Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 47 photos
There is a very unique pyramid about half an hour from Guadalajara. Next to the pueblo of Tuechitlan is Guachimontones and it's round pyramids. There are unique because they are the only ones known to exist anywhere in the world. And it is believed that they predate the other pyramids in Mexico.The site is thought to be a place where celebrations and sacred rites were enacted. Nestled in the hills overlooking Teuchitlan, it provides spectacular views of the agave fields and mountains below. The locals still use the site on occasion for festivals. The town of Teuchitlan is a small pueblo with a very typical Mexican look and feel. The pyramid museum and central plaza are a pleasant way to finish off a day trip to the pyramids. The site is an important part of Mexican history and worth a visit if you enjoy history. If you don't...well there is a water park across the main road.
- Pros:A very unique historical experience.
- Cons:It is out in the country next to a very small town, but nice.
- In a nutshell:Definately worth a visit, about 45 mins from Guadalajara.
m1nkey's Related Pages
Teuchitlán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EL BELLISIMO LUGAR DE GUACHIMONTONES"
- "MAP OF PYRAMIDS, GUACHIMONTONES- TEUCHITLAN"
- "Teuchitlan, Guachimontones and a round pyramid"
- "The small town with a great treasure!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Teuchitlán
- Hotels in Teuchitlán
- Transportation in Teuchitlán
- Restaurants in Teuchitlán
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Teuchitlán
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Teuchitlán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Teuchitlán
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guadalajara Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Panama Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Guanajuato Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Teotihuacán Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Maine Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shenzhen Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 8 reviews
- Colima Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Columbia Intro, 7 reviews