"Tonala is a shoppers paradise" Tonalá by m1nkey
Tonalá Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 12 photos
Tonala is a craftsman haven. Glass blowers, artists furniture and almost any kind of handicraft can be found here. On Thursday and Sunday there are even more booths set up all along the side of the streets. There are literally hundreds of stores to shop at. I have been there many times now and I still see something new when I go. If you have time explore the side streets because the prices vary greatly from one shop to the other. Near the main highway it is generaly more expensive than deeper in the market. Most tourists dont get all the way down so the bargains are available. Many places will haggle and you will certainly want to go back.
I have literaly walked into a factory and picked out a style and size for furniture and had it made special for no extra charge. But shop around and look at the quality closely. Some of it has been great and some of it has been quickly made. Dont be too quick to hand over the money, bargain and start to walk away. Many times the price will drop.
- Pros:Great bargains, variety of products.
- Cons:Price varies and sometimes tourists are charged more.
- In a nutshell:A must see if you want something to take home.
m1nkey's Related Pages
Tonalá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tonalá, Mexico"
- "Hotel hacienda del sol in tonala"
- "Tonala is a shoppers paradise"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tonalá
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tonalá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tonalá
Photos in TonaláSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guadalajara Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Panama Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Guanajuato Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Teotihuacán Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Maine Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shenzhen Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 8 reviews
- Colima Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Columbia Intro, 7 reviews