"With only one life, why waste it sitting at home?" m1nkey's Profile

Now starting another great adventure in the tropic

I currently reside in the small town of Gamboa. Ever heard of it? You probably have not unless you have traveled to Panama. This tiny berg is in the middle of the country, on the banks of the Panama Canal and in the middle of thousands of acres of rainforest. Truly amazing! I am a novelist with one book in print and another on the way. ( if you want more info on this book check the links) I hope that this new locale will give me more time to write. I can only imagine the stories that the locals can tell me.
The way travel changes a person is wonderful. You learn so much by experiencing other cultures. So many people I know are happy to stay in one spot forever. I traveled to the south west USA and Europe when I was in my twenties with the military.
I began traveling again in 2005 and I have been on a roll. So far I've been to Shenzhen China, Hong Kong, Cozumel, Belize, Panama, Guadalajara, Mexico City, Guanajuato,Saint Kitts and Nevis, and a lot of other places that most people have never heard of. I deeply enjoy experiencing new cultures and learning about different people. So far...SOOOO good!

The Final Shortcut/ book cover and bio

Wildly imaginative and engaging.

A dark, horrific secret lies buried in the serenity of Kentucky’s Bluegrass Mountains. A psychotic, madman stalks the road ways of Bontonville for his next victim. His huge family property connects two highways with a private shortcut known only to him. He lures truckers and travelers into his private hell where he ruthlessly attacks them, hides their vehicles and disposes of their bodies in an immense underground lair where they become part of his deliciously macabre collection. For over twenty years not a shred of evidence has escaped his maniacal control. Until one day a federal agent on a case in the next county, stumbles on a clue that erupts into an intense, deadly chase to catch the most heinous killer in local history. Not since “Silence of the Lambs” has there been a novel so enthralling, imaginative, gruesome and bizarre. This is a tale with engaging characters, a realistic plot with many unexpected turns and a suspenseful, action-packed ending that will leave you exhausted.

I Love Latin America!

I lived in Guadalajara for almost two years and I fell in love with the people and the culture. Panama is high on my list of favorites as well and I have been there three times in as many years. Learning to speak Spanish was a struggle at first but then somewhere along the process I realized that I was speaking quite well. Though it still seemed tough. I hope to visit many other countries in Latin America as soon as I am able and maybe I can retire there.

Puerto Vallarta!

Do Not believe what you hear in the US news about how bad Mexico is. They do not want you to know how safe and affordable it is. They want you to stay in the US and spend your money there. GO TO MEXICO and especially Puerto Vallarta.
You can get a hotel there on the Malecon from $60 and up. (2010)There are many great restaurants and clubs and of course the beach.
I had such a positive time i Mexico that I have it made it my mission to dispel any bad juju about it. GO and find out for yourself.

Rafa, Fernando y Bernardo.

Two of the nicest men I have ever met, though it took me six months to be able to speak to them. They speak very little English so it was on me to learn Spanish.

El Valle de Anton

The cloud city in the frontier of Panama. About an hour and a half from Panama city. It is a volcanic bowl that has a micro climate of it's own

• Intro Updated Mar 11, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
m1nkey's Profile Photo

m1nkey

“I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!”

Real Name