"Cagayan de Oro, the City of Golden Friendship 3" Top 5 Page for this destination Cagayan de Oro City by nixca316

Cagayan de Oro City Travel Guide: 227 reviews and 663 photos

My plans almost did not push through...

I literally have moles on my soles so I guess that "explains" why I love to travel (LOL). This year, I have been traveling around the country and at the MOST, I travel out of town ONCE a month, most especially, after my dear brother RJ crossed over to the next life.

Last September I was made to choose between going to Cebu or Cagayan de oro. Since mom and dad were also going to Cebu, I chose that, because everything will be taken care of.

When I returned from Cebu, I thought of the fun that I was going to miss in Cagayan de Oro. I was not very liquid and going out of town for a second time---I mean, beyond the Island of Luzon---was out of the question budget wise. Yet, wasting a ticket, no matter how cheap it is, is like money down the drain.

After careful thought, I told my bestie that I decided to join them and except for my useless anxiety last Sunday(September 30, 2012) that hopefully was not uploaded on YouTube(LOL) and forgetting to call my good friend, Gigi, I never regretted a single minute of my stay in CDO and our adventures at the nearby province of Bukidnon.

CDO is very, very peaceful, unlike some of their neighbors. They were hit hard by SENDONG, but they bounced back again. Slowly, but surely, everything is going back to normal.

We had the BEST river guides

Among the 6 rafting companies that are all good, there are only two that offer Extreme Rafting and only one, as far as I know that offers lunch midway.

They also care for the environment and when CDO was flooded, they wholeheartedly helped their brothers and sisters in Cagayan and the nearby provinces.

I think I'll just expoud about this when I write my "review" about them, but in the meantime, do check their websites:

Team CDO Bugsay on Facebook

Official Website of Bugsay River Rafting

Limketkai Centre, the pride of Cagayan de Oro

Although SM, Robinson's, and the other shopping centers are very much present in CDO, Limketkai Centre is uniquely theirs.

It is very spacious, the sales mix is good, there are lots of great dining areas around and there are cinemas too!

• Pros:Friendly people, good food, affordable accommodations , great white water rafting with Team CDO Bugsay(they have the best guides http://bugsayrafting.com)
  • Cons:rough roads, if you don't know the language(People know how to speak English, don't worry) you might miss out on other fun things to do other than rafting, shopping, eating, etc.
  • In a nutshell:Will definitely return to this diamond in the rough golden city of friendship
  • Last visit to Cagayan de Oro City: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2012

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2014 at 9:07 PM

I had my worst pizza in the whole of my life in CDO. It was in '99 and i believe it was in Guisano shopping center (if there is one there)

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Oh, that's such a sad experience. I hope you would have a better one if you would dare visit again.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Nice tips

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Nice reading of your page. I did not know, you are in River Rafting also! Well I liked the idea of a big piece of chicken with unlimited rice 100 Pesos! It's really bargain in comparison wit our Indian currency!

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Thanks to those who rated my "reviews" here in CDO. Blessings to you and yours!

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Thanks to those who rated my "reviews" here in CDO. Blessings to you and yours!

nixca316

“Pure clean fun with good friends...start in your own backyard, then explore the world”

Badges & Stats in Cagayan de Oro City

Have you been to Cagayan de Oro City?