"Cagayan de Oro, the City of Golden Friendship 3" Top 5 Page for this destination Cagayan de Oro City by nixca316
Cagayan de Oro City Travel Guide: 225 reviews and 664 photos
I literally have moles on my soles so I guess that "explains" why I love to travel (LOL). This year, I have been traveling around the country and at the MOST, I travel out of town ONCE a month, most especially, after my dear brother RJ crossed over to the next life.
Last September I was made to choose between going to Cebu or Cagayan de oro. Since mom and dad were also going to Cebu, I chose that, because everything will be taken care of.
When I returned from Cebu, I thought of the fun that I was going to miss in Cagayan de Oro. I was not very liquid and going out of town for a second time---I mean, beyond the Island of Luzon---was out of the question budget wise. Yet, wasting a ticket, no matter how cheap it is, is like money down the drain.
After careful thought, I told my bestie that I decided to join them and except for my useless anxiety last Sunday(September 30, 2012) that hopefully was not uploaded on YouTube(LOL) and forgetting to call my good friend, Gigi, I never regretted a single minute of my stay in CDO and our adventures at the nearby province of Bukidnon.
CDO is very, very peaceful, unlike some of their neighbors. They were hit hard by SENDONG, but they bounced back again. Slowly, but surely, everything is going back to normal.
Among the 6 rafting companies that are all good, there are only two that offer Extreme Rafting and only one, as far as I know that offers lunch midway.
They also care for the environment and when CDO was flooded, they wholeheartedly helped their brothers and sisters in Cagayan and the nearby provinces.
I think I'll just expoud about this when I write my "review" about them, but in the meantime, do check their websites:
Team CDO Bugsay on Facebook
Official Website of Bugsay River Rafting
Although SM, Robinson's, and the other shopping centers are very much present in CDO, Limketkai Centre is uniquely theirs.
It is very spacious, the sales mix is good, there are lots of great dining areas around and there are cinemas too!
- Pros:Friendly people, good food, affordable accommodations , great white water rafting with Team CDO Bugsay(they have the best guides http://bugsayrafting.com)
- Cons:rough roads, if you don't know the language(People know how to speak English, don't worry) you might miss out on other fun things to do other than rafting, shopping, eating, etc.
- In a nutshell:Will definitely return to this diamond in the rough golden city of friendship
I was not able to spend a lot of time at this mall, but the people from Cagayan are very proud of this place. If I... more travel advice
VjANDEP Pastels and other products are available nationwide in SUPERMARKETS and HYPERMARKETS, but I felt like a little... more travel advice
nixca316's Related Pages
Cagayan de Oro City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cagayan De Oro - Extreme Adventures Haven!"
- "Wet and wild"
- "Exploring CDO"
- "Cagayan de Oro, the City of Golden Friendship 3"
- "Rough, Wild & Wet Cagayan de Oro"
- "Canopy Walking in Cagayan De Oro"
- "cagayan de oro ....adventure capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cagayan de Oro City
- Hotels in Cagayan de Oro City
- Transportation in Cagayan de Oro City
- Nightlife in Cagayan de Oro City
- Restaurants in Cagayan de Oro City
- Shopping in Cagayan de Oro City
- Warnings and Dangers in Cagayan de Oro City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cagayan de Oro City
- 8 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Cagayan de Oro City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cagayan de Oro City
- Posted in Travel Paranaque Forum "Re: How to commute from Shaw to..."
- Commented on one of nixca316's Cagayan de Oro City travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Plaza de Divisoria"
- Wrote a Review Go around the Limketkai Center in Cagayan de Oro City Things to Do
- updated a Cagayan de Oro City Travel Page "Cagayan de Oro, the City of Golden Friendship 3"
Photos in Cagayan de Oro CitySee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 48 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque Intro, 38 reviews, 180 photos
- Alabang Intro, 21 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 17 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taguig Intro, 18 reviews, 92 photos
- Baguio Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naga City Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 12 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batangas Intro, 7 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues