"Of pineapples, ziplines, great food et cetera" Province of Bukidnon by nixca316
Province of Bukidnon Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 89 photos
Bukidnon, even with lots of rough roads and moon craters, is, like CDO, a very welcoming place. People are very helpful and are very caring for the environment. The province borders, clockwise starting from the north, Misamis Oriental(Where Cagayan de Oro is), Agusan del Sur, Davao del Norte, Cotabato, Lanao del Sur, and Lanao del Norte. Since it is landlocked, to visit it you can enter through the gateways (Airports and Seaports) of the Cities of Davao and Cagayan de Oro.
Bukidnon province is a very mountainous, but it also has valleys and plains. Bukidnon also means people of the mountains and there's a Lumad (native or indigenous) tribe also called Bukidnon (Tribe of the Highlands) even if most of them decided to live in the lowlands.
To learn about interesting places to visit per district click here.
Of the many exciting places in Bukidnon are the Dahilayan Adventure and Forest Parks found at Manolo Fortich(formerly Maluko, Bukidnon...it was renamed in 1957). Manolo Fortich is named after Don Manolo Fortich, a provincial resident of Barrio Damilag, being the first Governor (1902-1914) of the District of Bukidnon.
It has lots of pine trees, horses, pineapples, etc. and could be considered the summer capital of Mindanao.
There is a romantic air there so it is also a nice place for honeymoon. ;p
The picture shown here is the Del Monte Cannery, but there are other things to do in the area like:
1. Visit Camp Phillips
2. Play Golf (Cawayanon, Manolo Fortich)
3. Eat delicious steaks and more at The Bungalow or The Club House
- Pros:Lots of exciting places to visit; Clean; Great Food; Cool weather(highlands)
- Cons:Rough Roads
- In a nutshell:I shall return to this beautiful high lands
Ziplines, Drop Zone, Wall Climbing etc. I think I'm sucker for places with cool weather and pine trees. I love Tagaytay... more travel advice
nixca316's Related Pages
Province of Bukidnon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Of pineapples, ziplines, great food et cetera"
- ""FOOD BASKET OF MINDANAO""
- "Province of Bukidnon"
- "Bukidnon along the way!"
- "Dahilayan Adventure Park"
- "Bukidnon - MY HOMETOWN!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Bukidnon
- Hotels in Province of Bukidnon
- Restaurants in Province of Bukidnon
- See All...
Explore the World
- Naga City
- Castel Gandolfo
- Halls Crossroads Hotels
- British Virgin Islands Hotels
- Ross Carbery Hotels
- Ausable Chasm
- Newport Beach
- Palomares Hotels
- Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Bromptonville Hotels
- Sankt Goar
- Tamalpais Valley Junction Hotels
- Santo Domingo
Badges & Stats in Province of Bukidnon
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Province of Bukidnon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Bukidnon
Photos in Province of BukidnonSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 48 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque Intro, 34 reviews, 160 photos
- Alabang Intro, 20 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 16 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taguig Intro, 16 reviews, 82 photos
- Baguio Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naga City Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 12 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batangas Intro, 7 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cagayan de Oro City Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos