"The Araneta Center and so much more" Cubao by nixca316
Cubao Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 36 photos
Our first Philippine backyard was Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, which is in Quezon City and very, very near Cubao. Well, CGEA is part of Murphy, which is in Cubao, so I guess I could consider myself a genuine Cubao girl too.
My first school here in the Philippines (Holy Spirit School) is also located in Cubao (it's also considered to be in New Manila, but its address is in Cubao)
Cubao has evolved from a semi-rural suburb, to a fast rising economic zone. I remember, but not fondly, considering Cubao as nothing compared to Makati to the point of calling it "baduy" (bahdoooy) (something like outdated, no class and if it's to describe a person---geeky), but now, I can no longer say that.
All the major bus lines are in Cubao and one of the most innovative malls to date (Gateway) can be found here. So is the famous Famer's Market (alongside Farmer's Plaza) and Ali Mall (which has really evolved, but its renovation is not finished yet).
The very first Shoe Mart (a.k.a.) Mall that I remember is the still existing one here in Cubao. I know that it's not very first SM Mall, but that the first one that I ever considered a large building in Cubao.
Ahhhh. So many bittersweet memories here (including Martial Law inside the Camp). We stayed here during weekdays and at Tahanan Village Paranaque during weekends when I was still in grade school (elementary).
During my first three years of High School (St. Scholastica's Manila), we just visited and stayed in Paranaque. During my 4th year (Senior year), my dad got transferred to Cavite (thereabouts) so we were mostly in Paranaque and Cavite(well, I still visit once in a while), so it was goodbye Cubao around that time.
St. Arnold Janssen
Holy Spirit School is located at 29 Ilang-Ilang, Quezon City
Phone: (+632) 721 7689
- Pros:It's progressing! Yehey!
- Cons:Some places have been "forgotten"..."abandoned"
- In a nutshell:Watch out world, here comes Cubao!
There are lots to do here. The Department of National Defense is here, The Philippine Logistics Command, The National... more travel advice
From Makati (Ayala Station) up to Cubao-Araneta Station, the fare is 12 Pesos, From Cubao-Araneta Station, to Ayala... more travel advice
nixca316's Related Pages
Cubao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Araneta Center and so much more"
- "Cubao Cubao...Bow"
- "before leaving my soul sister's country"
- "VT Meet with Carlito"
- "Jumping in Cubao!"
- "Cubao, Quezon City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cubao
- Hotels in Cubao
- Transportation in Cubao
- Restaurants in Cubao
- Shopping in Cubao
- Warnings and Dangers in Cubao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cubao
- 6 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Cubao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cubao
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 48 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque Intro, 35 reviews, 165 photos
- Alabang Intro, 20 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 16 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taguig Intro, 16 reviews, 82 photos
- Baguio Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naga City Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 12 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batangas Intro, 7 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cagayan de Oro City Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos