"The Araneta Center and so much more" Cubao by nixca316
Cubao Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 40 photos
Our first Philippine backyard was Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, which is in Quezon City and very, very near Cubao. Well, CGEA is part of Murphy, which is in Cubao, so I guess I could consider myself a genuine Cubao girl too.
My first school here in the Philippines (Holy Spirit School) is also located in Cubao (it's also considered to be in New Manila, but its address is in Cubao)
Cubao has evolved from a semi-rural suburb, to a fast rising economic zone. I remember, but not fondly, considering Cubao as nothing compared to Makati to the point of calling it "baduy" (bahdoooy) (something like outdated, no class and if it's to describe a person---geeky), but now, I can no longer say that.
All the major bus lines are in Cubao and one of the most innovative malls to date (Gateway) can be found here. So is the famous Famer's Market (alongside Farmer's Plaza) and Ali Mall (which has really evolved, but its renovation is not finished yet).
The very first Shoe Mart (a.k.a.) Super Mall that I remember is the still existing one here in Cubao. I know that it's not very first SM Mall, but that the first one that I ever considered a large building in Cubao.
Ahhhh. So many bittersweet memories here (including Martial Law inside the Camp). We stayed here during weekdays and at the Village in Parañaque during weekends when I was still in grade school (elementary).
During my first three years of High School (St. Scholastica's College Manila), we just visited and stayed in Parañaque. During my 4th year (Senior year) I transferred to De La Salle Santiago Zobel. Two years before that my dad got transferred to Cavite (thereabouts) so we were mostly in Parañaque and Cavite(well, I still visit once in a while), so it was goodbye Cubao around that time.
St. Arnold Janssen
Holy Spirit School is located at 29 Ilang-Ilang, Quezon City
Phone: (+632) 721 7689
- Pros:It's progressing! Yehey!
- Cons:Some places have been "forgotten"..."abandoned"
- In a nutshell:Watch out world, here comes Cubao!
This Church is close to my heart. It is so near the place where I studied elementary so I consider this place as my... more travel advice
When I was a little girl my only choices were: 1) Rustan's (Thank God it's in Gateway) 2) Ali Mall (well, it's still... more travel advice
nixca316's Related Pages
Cubao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Araneta Center and so much more"
- "Cubao Cubao...Bow"
- "Cubao, Quezon City"
- "before leaving my soul sister's country"
- "VT Meet with Carlito"
- "Jumping in Cubao!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cubao
- Hotels in Cubao
- Transportation in Cubao
- Restaurants in Cubao
- Shopping in Cubao
- Warnings and Dangers in Cubao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cubao
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Cubao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cubao
Photos in CubaoSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 50 reviews, 269 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque Intro, 41 reviews, 185 photos
- Alabang Intro, 22 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 18 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taguig Intro, 18 reviews, 92 photos
- Baguio Intro, 17 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Intro, 13 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naga City Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batangas Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues