"The Araneta Center and so much more" Cubao by nixca316

Cubao Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 36 photos

Our first Philippine backyard was Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, which is in Quezon City and very, very near Cubao. Well, CGEA is part of Murphy, which is in Cubao, so I guess I could consider myself a genuine Cubao girl too.

My first school here in the Philippines (Holy Spirit School) is also located in Cubao (it's also considered to be in New Manila, but its address is in Cubao)

Cubao has evolved from a semi-rural suburb, to a fast rising economic zone. I remember, but not fondly, considering Cubao as nothing compared to Makati to the point of calling it "baduy" (bahdoooy) (something like outdated, no class and if it's to describe a person---geeky), but now, I can no longer say that.

All the major bus lines are in Cubao and one of the most innovative malls to date (Gateway) can be found here. So is the famous Famer's Market (alongside Farmer's Plaza) and Ali Mall (which has really evolved, but its renovation is not finished yet).

The very first Shoe Mart (a.k.a.) Mall that I remember is the still existing one here in Cubao. I know that it's not very first SM Mall, but that the first one that I ever considered a large building in Cubao.

Ahhhh. So many bittersweet memories here (including Martial Law inside the Camp). We stayed here during weekdays and at Tahanan Village Paranaque during weekends when I was still in grade school (elementary).

During my first three years of High School (St. Scholastica's Manila), we just visited and stayed in Paranaque. During my 4th year (Senior year), my dad got transferred to Cavite (thereabouts) so we were mostly in Paranaque and Cavite(well, I still visit once in a while), so it was goodbye Cubao around that time.

Six years of my life...

St. Arnold Janssen

Holy Spirit School is located at 29 Ilang-Ilang, Quezon City
Phone: (+632) 721 7689

• Pros:It's progressing! Yehey!
  • Cons:Some places have been "forgotten"..."abandoned"
  • In a nutshell:Watch out world, here comes Cubao!
  • Last visit to Cubao: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2012

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2008 at 5:00 AM

Hi Lara I wish you Belate Happy Birthday Cheers.

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 8:49 PM

You are being modest sista : ) Making pages is a passion which in lieu to your travel. I just luv to travel but too lazy to express it sometimes. So how's Philly being doing ?

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2007 at 3:35 AM

Very interesting page!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Me Gusta Tocino Carbonara, y Filipino sweet bread.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Nice tips, I am wondering about that tocino carbonara now:-)

• yellowbell's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 5:26 AM

Hey girl, there are many ways of skinning a cat parang ways to go to Araneta Center! I bet you drive that's why the detailed instructions. See ya soon

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 9:52 AM

Hi Lara!pag nagpunta ka ulit sa Cubao,can u take a picture of my old school;)?Very near lang yun sa Camp Aguinaldo, Ponciano Bernardo Elem.School.Kung sakali lang naman;)

nixca316 Used To Live Here!

nixca316

“Pure clean fun with good friends...start in your own backyard, then explore the world”

Badges & Stats in Cubao