"Makati CBD, My Urban Refuge" Top 5 Page for this destination Makati by nixca316
Makati Travel Guide: 598 reviews and 2,272 photos
Makati City is second to the richest city in the Philippines. True, there are still parts of Makati that are somewhat close to being called godforsaken, but most of Makati is the proof of progress.
There's a downside to that. When a place is too modern, it is filled with all kinds of pollution, but thankfully, even if it is true that the very long EDSA is filled with smog and noise pollution (they are trying to lessen the air pollution there with this so-called eco-friendly paint and hopefully, the noise pollution would follow), the Makati Central Business District and some of her neighbors, are sights for sore eyes.
My favorite part of Makati City is the Greenbelt area because they thrive to be eco-friendly.
The topiary, the ducks, the plants, et cetera, et cetera, makes me feel lighter.
The Chapel of Sto. Niño de Paz is a sanctuary amid all the hullabaloo.
The restaurants and shopping centers are also nice to visit, plus the atmosphere is romantic.
You can walk hand-in-hand with your loved one or you can bring your family to enjoy a whole day together.
Greenbelt at night is glorious. When they turn on the lights, the romantic mood heightens.
Unless there is a band playing there outside or super noisy teenagers are cavorting around, there is some sort of a semblance of peace.
- Pros:It's an urban paradise; a balance of expensive and inexpensive items; almost everything you need is here
- Cons:Heavy traffic, abusive taxi drivers (not all, but there are those that don't use their meter, so you better ask before riding)
- In a nutshell:It's not all smoke and buildings...there are bits and pieces of heaven here and there
Live entertainment (Jazz, R&B, Pop) from 8:30 p.m. to midnight, Monday to Saturday Smart Casual more travel advice
This is a place that we know is just there inside a 5-star hotel that is within the premises of a very popular mall in... more travel advice
nixca316's Related Pages
Makati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Makati CBD, My Urban Refuge"
- "Buzzin' 7 days a week"
- "MAKATI CITY"
- "Makati City: From Swamp To Swanky Metropolis"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Makati City!"
- "Central Business District"
- "Makati is Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Makati
- Hotels in Makati
- Transportation in Makati
- Nightlife in Makati
- Restaurants in Makati
- Shopping in Makati
- Warnings and Dangers in Makati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Makati
- 49 Reviews
- 260 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Makati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makati
- Wrote a Review Good food, Service and Live Music in Makati Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good food, Service and Live Music"
- Posted in Travel Paranaque Forum "Re: How to commute from Shaw to..."
- Commented on one of nixca316's Makati tips
- updated a Makati Travel Page "Makati CBD, My Urban Refuge"
- Uploaded a Video to Makati
Photos in MakatiSee All Photos (260)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 49 reviews, 264 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque Intro, 39 reviews, 185 photos
- Alabang Intro, 21 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 17 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taguig Intro, 18 reviews, 92 photos
- Baguio Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naga City Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batangas Intro, 7 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues