"Makati CBD, My Urban Refuge" Top 5 Page for this destination Makati by nixca316

Makati Travel Guide: 547 reviews and 2,181 photos

Greenbelt (Daytime)

Makati City is second to the richest city in the Philippines. True, there are still parts of Makati that are somewhat close to being called godforsaken, but most of Makati is the proof of progress.

There's a downside to that. When a place is too modern, it is filled with all kinds of pollution, but thankfully, even if it is true that the very long EDSA is filled with smog and noise pollution (they are trying to lessen the air pollution there with this so-called eco-friendly paint and hopefully, the noise pollution would follow), the Makati Central Business District and some of her neighbors, are sights for sore eyes.

My favorite part of Makati City is the Greenbelt area because they thrive to be eco-friendly.

The topiary, the ducks, the plants, et cetera, et cetera, makes me feel lighter.

The Chapel of Sto. NiƱo de Paz is a sanctuary amid all the hullabaloo.

The restaurants and shopping centers are also nice to visit, plus the atmosphere is romantic.

You can walk hand-in-hand with your loved one or you can bring your family to enjoy a whole day together.

Greenbelt at Night

Greenbelt at night is glorious. When they turn on the lights, the romantic mood heightens.

Unless there is a band playing there outside or super noisy teenagers are cavorting around, there is some sort of a semblance of peace.

• Pros:It's an urban paradise; a balance of expensive and inexpensive items; almost everything you need is here
  • Cons:Heavy traffic, abusive taxi drivers (not all, but there are those that don't use their meter, so you better ask before riding)
  • In a nutshell:It's not all smoke and buildings...there are bits and pieces of heaven here and there
  • Intro Updated Jan 31, 2014

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Excellent Makati page full of information! I never knew that you are a foodie like me, experimenting all sorts of food from many countries. Your love for Indian food is perhaps more than my taste! We have a couple of restaurants here who serve Philipino food here , but I don't think they are authentic! In all it was a great page and good reading wit so many food tips!!!

• Sep 25, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Looking for places to eat, relax and if possible have fun is such a dilemma nowadays with so many to establishments to choose from. And reviews like these really helps a lot. Not to mention the photos that add to the temptation! Hahaha! :)

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:31 AM

:) Thanks for checking them out. Some need to be updated. I just need to have, I guess a day off, just to update them. Cheers!

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Inform me bro if you have any posting! :-)

• Nov 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM

any information from you will be a great help,.,hope to hear from you soon,i'll be going down to manila on Sat.,thanks so much

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Thank you! Hope you had a good time. (I'm pretty sure I replied, but that was ages ago...I grateful for this new feature)

• lmc2626's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2009 at 1:23 AM

sis...share ka naman ng photo natin, only if u r free...pls email...thanks

• sarrahh's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2008 at 9:16 AM

makati is my favorite place i have ever visited (Y) love u philippine love u Manila

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM

It's one of my favorite places too. Still, my urban refuge!

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2008 at 4:52 AM

Hi Lara! This is a superb page, with fascinating information and amazing images. I am glad to read your stories about your family and about your trips. I think, to have the possibility to travel and to be happy for is a gift of the God.

• Apr 19, 2008 at 8:40 AM

hello:) are you the owner or cafe havana? i would just like to ask if you are accepting other bands to play at you resto bar. i have a band and we need a gig. if you can help us, could you please email me at this address: marcokit09@yahoo.com. thank you:)

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Yummy place!

• dhors's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2007 at 10:49 AM

hi nix! i wanna ask aside from dad's/kamayan/saisaki in glorieta is thereany restaurant in makita can cater for buffet? i don't have an idea since i am from q.c. maybe u can help me. thanks.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM

M2M, Renaissance Hotel

and so much more

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 6:52 PM

i wish we could join pero may earlier commitment. best regards to everybody na lang.

nixca316 Visits Here Frequently!

nixca316

“Pure clean fun with good friends...start in your own backyard, then explore the world”

Badges & Stats in Makati