"The City of Parañaque" Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque by nixca316

Paranaque Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 448 photos

Palanyag...

Parañaque is one of the 14 cities of Metro Manila, the National Capital Region(NCR)

In alphabetical order:

1.Caloocan City
This is where we can find the Monument of the Revolutionary Hero, Andres Bonifacio. That same monument is where Quezon City ends and Caloocan City begins.

2.My Las Pinas City VT Page

3. Makati City, My Urban Refuge

4.Malabon City
Close to 340,000 people live here in under 16 square kilometres. I used to teach kids at the Vacation Bible School here. You can find the Malabon Zoo here, among other things. :)

5. Mandaluyong City (My VT Page needs updating!)

6. Manila City
This is the Republic of the Philippines' capital. (My VT page needs updating!)

7. Marikina City
The Shoe Capital of the Philippines

8. Muntinlupa City
Here's my ALABANG page, the "heart" of Muntinlupa City

*9. MY HOMETOWN Paranaque City <3 <3 <3
I know that I should update this page more often, but... :)

10. My Pasay City VT Page
This is where the International airports are located and is the home of the MALL OF ASIA.

11. Pasig City

12. Quezon City
The home of most of our Filipino stars on film and on TV

13. My Taguig City VT Page
Nestled on the shores of Laguna de Bay, this is where you can find the Bonifacio Global City, among other things.

14. Valenzuela City
For all you beer lovers, this is home to the San Miguel Brewery.

According to GLOBAL PINOY, Parañaque, the city of Novena Mecca (Baclaran, home of the famous Redemptorist Church) of Metro Manila, is a small town north of Pasay City, southeast of Muntinlupa, southwest of Las Piñas and the majestic bay of Manila on the west. It’s a highly developed city composed of 16 barangays.

Being a small town by the sea, the district was under the control of “Cabeza de Barangay”. The townspeople lived thru rice planting, salt making, weaving and shoe-making. The place was then called Palanyag, which means my beloved. Then came a miscommunication between a Filipino rig driver and a Spaniard. The latter ordered the driver to stop the carriage “para aqui”, and spoke in Spanish. Another passenger who known that language elaborate it and said “para aniya aaui”. Because the driver did not know any Spanish, he thought that it was name of the town. From then on, the town was known as “Parañaque”.

(the following are my words..)

Some of the families that have lived here for generations would still refer to it as Palanyag and there are festivals held in "her" honor.

The city is filled with second hand stores (from clothes, gadgets, cars...you name it, we have it), shopping malls, movie houses, grocery stores, lots of subdivisions, restaurants, handicrafts, pet stores, churches, et cetera, etcetera.

It's also the home of two of the largest memorial parks in Metro Manila (believe me, Memorial Parks are a big deal here most especially during the month of November)

To learn more about this city just click this line. =)

Charitable Institutions (Humanitarian)

1.Daughters of Charity

Address: #8486 East Service Road, Kilometer 18, South Super Highway Parañaque City, 1700 Metro Manila, Philippines

Contact Numbers: +63 2 8383961, +63 2 8371008, +63 2 8383963

2.A list of charitable Institutions in the City of Parañaque

• Pros:Great bargains, nice and happy people, diverse/eclectic societies, lots of things to learn and discover
  • Cons:Heavy traffic...some parts of the city are still on its way to development.
  • In a nutshell:There are lots of treasures here, you just have to know how to find them. ;)
  • Intro Updated Oct 8, 2012

• machomikemd's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM

thank you for liking my countryside steakhouse tips, you should try their sizzling steaks filled with tasty gravy filled with lard :-)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2013 at 4:31 AM

Nice tips

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Sis, I am sure your hometown has more to offer!

• machomikemd's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

They don't update the list of the jolibee stores, their branch in downtown san francisco at the filipino enclave of South of Market is now closed.

• Aug 21, 2009 at 3:11 AM

thank you for taking the effort to write this down. i just moved in to my condo in paranaque, now trying to explore things to do and places to go..please update us some more...so i won't feel bad about leaving quezon city or not choosing makati =)

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Hello featured member! Now I know where to eat if I ever make it to Paranaque! Greetings from Turkey, Pinar

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2008 at 2:06 AM

Nice page!

• Applelyn's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Nice tips :) I may want to go to PH. Where is a nice place to start with?

• nixca316's Profile Photo
      Sep 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Thanks! People usually go to the famous places first: Metro Manila, Baguio, Cebu, Boracay, Palaway, Batangas, Laguna, Bulacan, Pampanga etc. :) You're most welcome to visit our hometown/city too! ;)

• sirenna's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Nice page, especially the detailed restaurant tips. Those oysters look delicious!

• Jun 23, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Hi, I was there in Paranaque july 7th 2007, and I always enjoyed taking the tricycle from moonwalk subdivision to PureGold market to go shopping!

nixca316

“Pure clean fun with good friends...start in your own backyard, then explore the world”

Badges & Stats in Paranaque

Have you been to Paranaque?