"The City of Parañaque" Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque by nixca316
Paranaque Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 484 photos
Parañaque is one of the 14 cities of Metro Manila, the National Capital Region(NCR)
In alphabetical order:
This is where we can find the Monument of the Revolutionary Hero, Andres Bonifacio. That same monument is where Quezon City ends and Caloocan City begins.
2.My Las Pinas City VT Page
3. Makati City, My Urban Refuge
Close to 340,000 people live here in under 16 square kilometres. I used to teach kids at the Vacation Bible School here. You can find the Malabon Zoo here, among other things. :)
5. Mandaluyong City (My VT Page needs updating!)
6. Manila City
This is the Republic of the Philippines' capital. (My VT page needs updating!)
7. Marikina City
The Shoe Capital of the Philippines
8. Muntinlupa City
Here's my ALABANG page, the "heart" of Muntinlupa City
*9. MY HOMETOWN Paranaque City <3 <3 <3
I know that I should update this page more often, but... :)
10. My Pasay City VT Page
This is where the International airports are located and is the home of the MALL OF ASIA.
11. Pasig City
12. Quezon City
The home of most of our Filipino stars on film and on TV
13. My Taguig City VT Page
Nestled on the shores of Laguna de Bay, this is where you can find the Bonifacio Global City, among other things.
14. Valenzuela City
For all you beer lovers, this is home to the San Miguel Brewery.
According to GLOBAL PINOY, Parañaque, the city of Novena Mecca (Baclaran, home of the famous Redemptorist Church) of Metro Manila, is a small town north of Pasay City, southeast of Muntinlupa, southwest of Las Piñas and the majestic bay of Manila on the west. It’s a highly developed city composed of 16 barangays.
Being a small town by the sea, the district was under the control of “Cabeza de Barangay”. The townspeople lived thru rice planting, salt making, weaving and shoe-making. The place was then called Palanyag, which means my beloved. Then came a miscommunication between a Filipino rig driver and a Spaniard. The latter ordered the driver to stop the carriage “para aqui”, and spoke in Spanish. Another passenger who known that language elaborate it and said “para aniya aaui”. Because the driver did not know any Spanish, he thought that it was name of the town. From then on, the town was known as “Parañaque”.
(the following are my words..)
Some of the families that have lived here for generations would still refer to it as Palanyag and there are festivals held in "her" honor.
The city is filled with second hand stores (from clothes, gadgets, cars...you name it, we have it), shopping malls, movie houses, grocery stores, lots of subdivisions, restaurants, handicrafts, pet stores, churches, et cetera, etcetera.
It's also the home of two of the largest memorial parks in Metro Manila (believe me, Memorial Parks are a big deal here most especially during the month of November)
To learn more about this city just click this line. =)
City of Parañaque's Tourist Spots:
1.Parañaque City Local Government endorsed places
2.Places of Interest /Tourist Attractions in Paranaque City
3.FAMOUS TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN PARAÑAQUE CITY, PHILIPPINES
1.Daughters of Charity
Address: #8486 East Service Road, Kilometer 18, South Super Highway Parañaque City, 1700 Metro Manila, Philippines
Contact Numbers: +63 2 8383961, +63 2 8371008, +63 2 8383963
2.A list of charitable Institutions in the City of Parañaque
- Pros:Great bargains, nice and happy people, diverse/eclectic societies, lots of things to learn and discover
- Cons:Heavy traffic...some parts of the city are still on its way to development.
- In a nutshell:There are lots of treasures here, you just have to know how to find them. ;)
下町 ***amachi Japanese Chasu House, 2nd Floor (beside Toho and facing Una Rosa) SM City BF P'que Tel.... more travel advice
After watching the life of St. Rita of Cascia, Jinkee and I went to meet up with a friend somewhere in BF Homes. After... more travel advice
nixca316's Related Pages
Paranaque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Parañaque"
- "My hometown"
- "Paranaque City"
- "A Progressive City South of Manila"
- "Parañaque City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paranaque
- Hotels in Paranaque
- Transportation in Paranaque
- Nightlife in Paranaque
- Restaurants in Paranaque
- Shopping in Paranaque
- Warnings and Dangers in Paranaque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paranaque
- 39 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Paranaque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paranaque
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 49 reviews, 264 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque Intro, 39 reviews, 185 photos
- Alabang Intro, 21 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 17 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taguig Intro, 18 reviews, 92 photos
- Baguio Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naga City Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batangas Intro, 7 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues