"The City of Taguig" Top 5 Page for this destination Taguig by nixca316

Taguig Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 355 photos

Home of the Bonifacio Global City(BGC)

I love going to the BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY!

When I was in Singapore I boasted about this place to my American, my Chinese, my Indian and Malay friends.

It's very peaceful and PICTURESQUE. I love walking here during the afternoons because it's very breezy.

When my dad was still active in the Armed Forces of the Philippines, we had a place nearby and this would have been a perfect for daily strolls, shopping, resto hopping, and so much more with my friends and family. Some of my friends' houses were demolished and are now part of the C5 and the BGC, so I guess not all of them are ecstatic about the progress of this place.

Someone wrote me an email asking about how to purchase lots at AFPOVAI because its prime location. I really do not know the answer to that. The land that is supposed to be ours have some illegal settlers, so let me not dwell on it. I even thought it's not existing anymore, but apparently, it's still there.

The other parts of the City of Taguig are slowly progressing, but some places are still left behind.

When I was younger, but I still have to check if this district still exists, we used to eat at restaurants that look like nipa huts where we could eat fresh seafood or fresh water fish and they were very, very delicious. These restaurants are lined up from Taguig to Pateros or Pateros to Taguig. I only see those type of places now in the different provinces near coastlines. I hope they still have those restos there because, in my opinion, they are very Filipino.

Grocers and Hawkers Delight

If you do drop by the BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY, one of the places you can go to MarketMarket. It's basically a mall, but it has lots of bargain centers (and you can really bargain with them...just use the right tone---don't sound smug), lots of dining places with VERY affordable prices (and some pricey ones too)...you can also buy FRESH fruits, veggies, fish (and whatever else that's fresh)...you can also buy plants and flowers.

There's also an activity center, a supermarket, a department store, coffee shops and other stuff.

Inside the "mall" there's a theme for every floor and the cinemas? Oh, it's fun to watch movies there too!

At the cinema level you can even go wall climbing and there are times that you can go bungee jumping too.

Other places to go to in Taguig

There are many other places you can go besides the BGC. Click this link to check them out

• Pros:There are many restaurants of Fresh Sea Food (from Laguna de Bay), lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, lots of artsy fartsy stuff
  • Cons:Except for THE GLOBAL CITY and some other places, Taguig City is still far from being modern (rough roads, heavy traffic, etcetera)
  • In a nutshell:a VERY beautiful and PRACTICAL city with lots of room for improvement
  • Intro Updated Jun 24, 2012

nixca316 Visits Here Frequently!

nixca316

“Pure clean fun with good friends...start in your own backyard, then explore the world”

Badges & Stats in Taguig