"Should I keep this page?" Vigan by nixca316
Vigan Travel Guide: 466 reviews and 1,379 photos
I have an Ilocos Sur page that I need to update, so I was wondering if I should keep this or not.
After careful thought, I guess I could keep this. :)
I was a bit time-warped in Vigan. Yes, there are places that are a bit progressive or modern, but almost everywhere's a blast from the past.
The Vigan Cathedral, or the St. Paul Metropolitan Cathedral, has lots and lots of stories to tell.
The restaurants around, even the famous burger joint, McDonald's, at Plaza Salcedo, has a touch of Colonial Spanish architecture.
Try their native dishes, cakes, and other pastries and you would agree tat it truly is a gourmand's paradise.
There are some beaches too.
For a small amount (PhP150.00) you can go around Vigan and the famous Heritage Village via a horse-driven carriage called the Caritela a.k.a. Kalesa.
The driver could also act as your tour guide. He will explain the buildings, etc.
If you're satisfied with his explanations and his driving, it's up to you if you want to give him a tip or not.
When you reach the Heritage Village, you can stop for a while to shop and the caritela driver will wait for you. I believe it's better to pay him once you've returned to Plaza Salcedo, with or without the tip.
- Pros:Lots of history, good food, beautiful surroundings, great handicrafts
- Cons:the extreme of being laidback and all those family feuds
- In a nutshell:Vigan is a place where art and history will never grow out of style.
nixca316's Related Pages
Vigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "vigan if i can ..."
- "Vigan - that "Spanish" feel.."
- " Nostalgia at VIGAN"
- "A LIITTLE HISTORY"
- "Formed, exceptionally well preserved Spanish town"
- "Back to the 16th century Ilocos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vigan
- Hotels in Vigan
- Transportation in Vigan
- Nightlife in Vigan
- Restaurants in Vigan
- Shopping in Vigan
- Warnings and Dangers in Vigan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vigan
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Vigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vigan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 50 reviews, 269 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque Intro, 41 reviews, 185 photos
- Alabang Intro, 22 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 18 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taguig Intro, 18 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Intro, 13 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naga City Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batangas Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues