"How do you define yourself?" livinmydreams's Profile

A person once said this to me "When you are lying on your death bed you are never going to say - I wish I would have worked more!" That saying has stuck with me and is now part of my living motto.

All to often we, the people of the world - but especially my fellow American's define who we are by what we do for a living - I'm a banker, I'm a mechanic, I'm a stay at home mother, I'm a school teacher and so on.

I search to define who I am by the experiences I have, the connections I make and the character I choose to define my life by. What I do to support mysleft is one small aspect of who I am - What I do outside of work is who I realy am. I am a traveller, an enjoyer of good wine, a stiff drink, glorious conversation, an enthusiest of new experiences, new cultures and of the wild that surrounds us.

I to am an Alaskan, born into such beauty - the deep green of summer and the glorius winter white that blankets all.

My travels have help me find and define myself and for that I am forever greatful. With every new country and culture I explore I become more connected to the world as a whole.

CHECK OUT MY ALASKA PAGE FOR THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN THIS GREAT STATE.

• Intro Updated Nov 17, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!