"Matanzas City, Cuba" Matanzas by PeterPanandWendy
Matanzas Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 127 photos
A particularly beautiful neighbourhood of Matanzas, Playa is developing by the minute. House construction, reconstruction, new businesses, new restaurants, lots of street activity, tons of wonderful casa particulars to chose from.
If you are a new visitor to Varadero and want to "venture" out a little, I would highly recommend a trip to Matanzas. You can take a taxi, or the Viazul bus (less than $10 each way - make a reservation at the terminal in Varadero). For 20-25 CUC per night, stay at a casa particular and get to know a little of real life Cuba and be hosted by gracious, friendly, helpful people. For a small fee, you can receive a lovely home cooked meal (much better than the resort fare).
- Pros:Friendliest, most helpful people on earth.
- Cons:Not everyone speaks English, so brush up on your Espanola!
- In a nutshell:My home away from home!
La Panchita is a Cuban heritage designated wooden structure near Tenis Beach, and overlooks the beautiful Bay of... more travel advice
Most resorts have a Jeep Safari that includes a visit to Rio Canimar. A "native" show, a boat ride down the beautiful... more travel advice
PeterPanandWendy's Related Pages
Matanzas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Matanzas City, Cuba"
- "Branco's new Matanzas Page"
- "THE CITY BETWEEN RIVERS"
- "Matanzas, province of Matanzas, Cuba."
- "Sea, Sun & Fun in Varadero"
- "sweetpea2u's new Matanzas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Matanzas
- Hotels in Matanzas
- Transportation in Matanzas
- Nightlife in Matanzas
- Restaurants in Matanzas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matanzas
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Matanzas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matanzas
Top 5 Pages
- Matanzas Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Varadero Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Cárdenas Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Provincia de Sancti Spíritus Intro, 3 photos
- Provincia de Villa Clara Intro, 1 review, 2 photos