"Matanzas City, Cuba" Matanzas by PeterPanandWendy
Matanzas Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 67 photos
A particularly beautiful neighbourhood of Matanzas, Playa is developing by the minute. House construction, reconstruction, new businesses, new restaurants, lots of street activity, tons of wonderful casa particulars to chose from.
If you are a new visitor to Varadero and want to "venture" out a little, I would highly recommend a trip to Matanzas. You can take a taxi, or the Viazul bus (less than $10 each way - make a reservation at the terminal in Varadero). For 20-25 CUC per night, stay at a casa particular and get to know a little of real life Cuba and be hosted by gracious, friendly, helpful people. For a small fee, you can receive a lovely home cooked meal (much better than the resort fare).
- Pros:Friendliest, most helpful people on earth.
- Cons:Not everyone speaks English, so brush up on your Espanola!
- In a nutshell:My home away from home!
While this little local spot was introduced to us by our Cuban friends, I believe that the providers of the Jeep Safari... more travel advice
Wonderfully private home accommodation backing onto the Bay of Matanzas. Bedroom and bathroom privately located, gated... more travel advice
PeterPanandWendy's Related Pages
Matanzas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Branco's new Matanzas Page"
- "Matanzas City, Cuba"
- "THE CITY BETWEEN RIVERS"
- "Sea, Sun & Fun in Varadero"
- "sweetpea2u's new Matanzas Page"
- "Varadero rules !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Matanzas
- Hotels in Matanzas
- Transportation in Matanzas
- Nightlife in Matanzas
- Restaurants in Matanzas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matanzas
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Matanzas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matanzas
Photos in MatanzasSee All Photos (10)
Top 5 Pages
- Matanzas Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Varadero Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Cárdenas Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Los Angeles 2 reviews
- Perth 1 review