"White Nights of Summer - and Winter" sennaya's Profile
It does not matter where you celebrate the season as long as you are with the one you love!
Sunny Days of Russian Country life
Living in Northwest Russia we enjoy the famous white nights of summer when it never quite gets dark. And in Winter the white snow reflects the moon and streetlights and those 18-hour nights are kindly illuminated.
Treasure the sunny days of summer and chances to explore.
Enjoy it every day. Don't loose any moment to be together.
We remember it , like it was a few days ago!
In St. Petersburg are more light hours then somewhere else becouse of the White Nights! And we treasure it.
Where the river flows,
the journey goes. We always love to be near water. St. Petersburg is the city of 43 islands separated by canals and rivers.
St. Petersburg was once many more islands. People put them together. One day, it will be one big island... :)
Russia's first highways were the rivers used by the vikings to explore the land that was to become the Russian empire. Rivers have always played a big role in Russia.
A nice day for a stroll along the Neva River. It is easy to travel back in time in St. Petersburg. Most buildings are between 100-300 years old. Feel yourself in the 19th century walking with the likes of Pushkin :)
See our "So you'd like to be in the movies" travelogue under St Petersburg.
The center of St. Petersburg is surrounded with all shops and services for life. Many people have bought cars and the streets now have a rush-hour, but you still see a carriage on Palace Square and the sound of hoofbeats are not forgotten by the stones in the street.
Happy new year in St. Petersburg. The weather is unusually mild with almost no snow and temperatures above zero most days. We had a white new year, but the snow melted on New Year Day. There is no ice on the Neva River or canals up to the end of January 2007. But February was cold!
From the Yosemite Valley you can see Yosemite Falls and walk along the Merced River. The river flows to the Pacific Ocean, the biggest ocean on the planet. Nature is super-sized and you feel the small position left for humans in the universe. Only your mind might be bigger.
The Central Coast of California has a wonderful mild climate. Cool in summer, mild in winter.
Here, walking in Carmel, the artist colony turned trendy. So many art galleries! But you can escape to nature in minutes. Nature that has inspired so many artists. We can see their art in a different places and that place still inspire a new artists!
The Pacific Ocean in Southern Oregon, the State of Jefferson. Moderate weather, fresh air and water. It is easy to a life going side by side with you. Nature is so beautiful and you want to be there.
The best place to be is where you are. Here we are enjoying the view across the Neva River in St. Petersburg.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 575 Reviews
- 1,097 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Commented on sennaya's profile page
- sennaya and L.Rosa are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "White Nights of Summer - and Winter"
- Uploaded a Photo to "White Nights of Summer - and Winter"
- Wrote a Review Lake Chebarkul in Chelyabinsk Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Video to Saint Petersburg
- updated a Saint Petersburg Travel Page "St. Petersburg: a City for all Seasons"
- Posted in Travel Leningradskaya Oblast' Forum "Re: St Petersburg in October"
PhotosSee All Photos (1097)
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 344 reviews, 636 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tobol'sk Intro, 92 reviews, 173 photos
- Ozero Roshino Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination American Samoa Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rogue River Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 28 reviews, 16 photos
- Smolensk Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Luga Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Fresno Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Grants Pass Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos