"Uluwatu" Uluwatu by najjia
Uluwatu Travel Guide: 236 reviews and 641 photos
Our driver told us to remove jewelry, hats, sunglasses, and purses and leave it in the car because the monkeys are very mischieveous in Uluwatu. It was scorching hot that day but the views were breathtaking.
We could have spent more time in Uluwatu but having no hat & sunglasses just made me exhausted. But I would endure the blistering sun to get a shot of this. The Indian Ocean & the dramatic cliffs of Uluwatu just stunned me. I've never seen anything like it. It was unbelievable
Now these lovely creatures are the reason why tourists in Uluwatu are told not to bring any loose personal items. I've had my hair scrunchie grabbed by this mama macaque. She tried to chew on it until she realized that it wasn't food so she lost her interest & threw it back at me.
Then she sat in front of me as I was relaxing in the shade. Hence this pic of mother & baby.
- Pros:Its an amazing place. It's huge that its kinda like a hiking trip.
- Cons:The macaques are more agressive in Uluwatu than in Ubud. Keep your belongings in your car.
- In a nutshell:Plan to go real early to beat the heat. Don't forget to wear your sunblock, too!
najjia's Related Pages
Uluwatu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There just something about Uluwatu!!"
- "Uluwatu - Cliffhanger Temple & Nasty Monkeys"
- "The southern part of Bali"
- "Uluwatu - Dreamland"
- "garden of the Gods in southern part ...."
- "Hanging Temple of Uluwatu"
- "Uluwatu - it's about Sunset"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uluwatu
- Hotels in Uluwatu
- Transportation in Uluwatu
- Nightlife in Uluwatu
- Restaurants in Uluwatu
- Shopping in Uluwatu
- Warnings and Dangers in Uluwatu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uluwatu
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Uluwatu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uluwatu
Photos in UluwatuSee All Photos (3)
No friends yet.